What's new

Advice for a 2nd razor?

What razor to get next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Gillette NEW Short Comb. That can be gotten very inexpensively, and Chris at Back Roads Gold can make anything you get look new. You can also find them ready-to-shave (cleaned and replated). Just make sure of the handle type you get; the majority seem to be “Common Bar,” which is the ideal size for me; there are thinner handles as well, but, they don’t appeal to me.

Merkur has had some quality issues, but in my experience that was mostly around 2010 or so.

I don't see any advantage to open comb razors and a Fatip will likely introduce alignment issues as well. They're somewhat notorious for this.

Buy a Lord L6.

I don't see any advantage to open comb razors and a Fatip will likely introduce alignment issues as well. They're somewhat notorious for this.

I have the Fatip Piccolo SE and it comes with both open and closes plates. I don't see much of a difference in the shave except maybe the open comb leaves a little lather behind so you can go over the same spot without being dry. And the open comb just looks way cooler!😊

I don't seem to have any alignment issues with mine either, but I'm always looking for it because everyone tells me I'm supposed to have alignment issues!😂

Overall, it's a great looking and shaving razor for the price.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Merkur has had some quality issues, but in my experience that was mostly around 2010 or so.

Buy a Lord L6.
Never tried the Lord. Did like the Merkur open combe. Never got on with Fatip. Not because of blade alignment but because I didn't like the shave.

Get a Gillette Slim. Fat Boy is good to but hard to find. Set the slim to #5 and you will be changed forever. It is probably the best razor they ever made.

Since you closed the poll and I can't vote, here's the monkey wrench. :devil:

Why not try an SE razor?

I'm starting to think I should try an SE razor that takes artist club style blades. My biggest hesitation is with the safety of changing blades--there appears to be a lot less room for error.

Top Bottom