SOTD:
Razor: Blackbird Ti SB
Blade: New Lord Platinum (1)
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Soap: Van Der Lovett Sailor's Blend
Brush: EJ87-6 SYNST
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
037_01_2_19 conv.jpeg

My gratuitous Friday shave headlined this most auspicious line-up. Edwin Jagger makes a great brush. I've never owned an Edwin Jagger brush that I didn't cherish. My grail razor topped the shave as the finest in the world. I adore the New Lord Platinum blades. Combined with Van Der Lovett shaving soap, it was a matchless experience.

Following Shane's advice, I held my Blackbird razor like a pen. I was more relaxed with the method today and it felt natural. Maybe I've been using this grip for most of my shaves without realizing it. The previous shave I held the razor tight, and it felt rigid and unnatural. This shave was comfortable as if I had been using this technique all along.

Then there is the Veg! Imagine the old-school charm, predating Old Spice, reminiscent of Errol Flynn's era. As I sat on the porch, the fragrance of the aftershave mingled perfectly with the lilacs, creating an olfactory bliss. Ah, the simple pleasures. Life is good!

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
040_01_19 conv.jpeg

My Monday morning shave reminded me what a joy my Blackbird Ti is. Each shave with it surpasses the performance of all my other razors. Yet, this is B&B, and here I am.

Cheers!
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: New Lord Platinum (3)
041_01_19 conv.jpeg

When lilacs last in the dooryard bloom’d,
And the great star early droop’d in the western sky in the night,
I mourn’d, and yet shall mourn with ever-returning spring.

Ever-returning spring, trinity sure to me you bring,
Lilac blooming perennial and drooping star in the west

-Walt Whitman

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: New Lord Platinum (5)
047_01_19 conv.jpeg

I forgot to log a shave; this was my fifth one. The Blackbird is fantastic. After a week of holding it like a pen, I've concluded that while I hold it that way 90% of the time, it's not a pen—it's a razor. I do whatever yields the best results. The EJ87-6 SYNST brush has become a favorite of mine. It's an excellent brush, offering great control and a wonderful feel. I highly recommend it. It's less expensive than the Evo 2.0 but every bit as good. They both are top-tier synthetic brushes.

Cheers
Rave

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm shouting out to Del Langejans from Holland MI, who has been making guitars since I was a kid in the 1970's. I used to like to go into his shop and watch him work. He is truly a master.
437989770_7849439651754983_298322055028502230_n.jpg

Here is one in the wild, if you'd like to see what it sounds like being played by someone good. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Blade: New Lord Platinum (8)
037_01_2_19 conv.jpeg

I'm finally getting around to logging my shave progress. As of yesterday, I'm on shave eight with this kit. It has been spectacular. It's the equipment and not the person wielding it, I expect. My lilacs are in full bloom. The Veg goes nice with their scent sitting out back. In other news, my hair looks like Boris Johnson's when I get out of the shower. Ugh, it's at that awkward stage as it grows out. I will do a Friday shave after work.

Cheers
Rave

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD:
Razor: Blackbird Ti OC
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Cream: Musgo Real, Oak Moss
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood and Spice
034_01_20 conv.jpeg

My shaving experience has been elevated by the Blackbird Ti OC, which has surpassed all my other razors and configurations to become my favorite. Revisiting Musgo Oak Moss and Reuzel Wood and Spice feels like reuniting with old friends after a long absence. The Polsilver Super Iridium is an excellent blade, but to be fair, many match its quality, including every blade I've used recently, like the New Lord Platinum. Is that heresy? The first shave with this setup is complete, and I'm looking forward to many more. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Cheers
Rave

Last edited:
Top Bottom