What's new

My new knife

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Just bought a new survival/army knife. It wasn't cheap, but I got a discount cause the knife is made in Israel and I'm from Israel.
The maker is called DUSTAR and the knife is called Dimona. It's retail price is around 259$. It's a high-end knife. Yes, the small details could be prettier but you can see that the whole work went into the knife itself. It sits just perfectly in the hand and has a perfect balance. Built like a tank. The steel is one of the best steels around. If you're after a higher-end survival knife, you might consider this one. I had Fallkniven A1, and this one is WAY better.

DUSTAR Dimona.JPG

Last edited:

Space_Cadet

Must be pretty good. I have a Fallkniven A1 Pro, and it would have to be very good to exceed their quality!

When it comes to little details, Fallkniven A1 is better. It's a great knife, I know. In fact, these two knives may just be in different categories. The DUSTAR is heavier and bulkier, it's like a tank, and the Fallkniven is more nimble.

Very nice looking knife.! It looks solid & stout also. D2 steel really holds an edge like my pocket knife with a D2 Blade.

Looks like DuStar may have gone to school on the Randall line of military knives. This Randall Model 14 is a fine purpose-built knife in the same league as a DuStar. Pricing is comparable ($460 from Randall) and the quality is pretty well established.
Advantage of the DuStar is you can buy it now, no 6 year waiting period. There are a couple ways you can work around the wait; deployment to a weird foreign land (like Kurdistan) is one way to get an expedited delivery, but I think the cons far outweigh the pros.
9609E9D8-496A-4035-B482-84215167BE19.jpeg

Looks like DuStar may have gone to school on the Randall line of military knives. This Randall Model 14 is a fine purpose-built knife in the same league as a DuStar. Pricing is comparable ($460 from Randall) and the quality is pretty well established.
Advantage of the DuStar is you can buy it now, no 6 year waiting period. There are a couple ways you can work around the wait; deployment to a weird foreign land (like Kurdistan) is one way to get an expedited delivery, but I think the cons far outweigh the pros.View attachment 1054637

Yep, almost identical to the Dustar I was referring to only in D2.

When it comes to little details, Fallkniven A1 is better. It's a great knife, I know. In fact, these two knives may just be in different categories. The DUSTAR is heavier and bulkier, it's like a tank, and the Fallkniven is more nimble.
You should check out the Fallkniven A1 Pro...it's thicker than the original A1, and seems to my eye to be more substantial (not that the original wasn't very substantial itself!).

Space_Cadet

Advantage of the DuStar is you can buy it now, no 6 year waiting period. There are a couple ways you can work around the wait; deployment to a weird foreign land (like Kurdistan) is one way to get an expedited delivery, but I think the cons far outweigh the pros.View attachment 1054637

Yep, DUSTAR has an almost identical model called "Arad".

XTARAD1SILn.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Looks like something is getting lost in translation here.

I still really like that Dustar, though.

Going to pass on Abba and the Knife.

AA

Top Bottom