What's new

My new "Gillette NEW Short Comb" arrived. Yay!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I believe my Brit-Tech has an aluminium handle and a zamak top cap...not a fan of the weight it's almost like a bakelite without the bakelite cool.

Maybe thats the difference in mine. I picked it up when I got it and thought "meh" and only used it once with the same feeling and sent it off with the other two.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Alright, I'll do that for my shave today while I review a shave cream sent to me by ccpastork along with a very nice MMOC!

I forgot! LOL.

I was excited about trying this new cream that I forgot all about it. I'll swap caps shortly so I wont forget again haha.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Do I sense some future swapping going on?

Instigator :001_tongu

My Tech is going no where! I may add another to the shelf though. I've been wanting a nice nearly NOS gold Tech, but it's not a priority at the moment.

@rabidus stopped by a little while ago, he kept saying, over and over.....

1ulcxa.jpg

You guys have me confused. Old, New SC, New LC? New Improved? Thick cap? Thin Cap? Which is best? I just had a great shave with my New Deluxe. Is it a short comb?

Please elaborate!

The Deluxe and the SC both have the same profile, the Deluxe has the flat bottom, which does nothing for the shave, the SC has the extended baseplate support.

IMHO, the SC is an improved Deluxe. The SC probably doesn't have a flat bottom to save brass.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Today I shaved with the cap from my New Type LC. It was not all together a pleasant experience. There seems to be a very slight hour glass shape to the top cap that went heretofore unnoticed. I may take the top cap from my SC and try it with my LC at some point down the road. The LC cap that came on my SC head is now clearly the winner and will remain. It is super smooth due to blade rigidity, and absolutely just as efficient as the cap from my LC that gave the same kind irritation with both the LC and SC though less with the SC. It's been a week of trying the LC and dialing in the SC. For now the clear winner in all of this is my Gillette Old Type which I got fantastic shaves with all of last week. I will reserve judgement until I've shaved all week, uninterrupted by changes, with my New SC. Then I will revisit my Old again for comparison (just to keep on topic).

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The Deluxe and the SC both have the same profile, the Deluxe has the flat bottom, which does nothing for the shave, the SC has the extended baseplate support.

IMHO, the SC is an improved Deluxe. The SC probably doesn't have a flat bottom to save brass.
Thanks, Duh! Now I get it! It is not a SC as in a New Type SC not that the comb isn't short! Good morning...wake up Raven!

Top Bottom