What's new

My most recent and intriguing wild find!

I recently decided to take a break while working and since I was already inside the antique mall I figured hey why not browse around for some straights(As I am teetering on the rabbit hole over there....) well I didn't find any but a jar caught my eye while checking out a fountain pen and lo and behold it was FILLED with Vintage DE!!!! My favorite in there was a Army issue razor that was tucked inside in its original box with mirror included!!!! I even found a nearby cup with a brush and A nice condition Slim adjustable!The sad part is as I am switching sides on you guys I will not be needing any of these so I cleaned em up and intend to try and profit off of them at least a little. If I do I will be PIF'ing one to pay my fortune forward!
$IMAG0287.jpg$IMAG0316.jpg$IMAG0317.jpg

I'm still deciding what to do with the army issue one as it has two cosmetic cracks in the handle and a good amount of brassing on top

I have considering selling it but have no idea what it's worth or if it is worth selling with the cracked handle. Either way I'm glad to have had the opportunity to have seen/ held it

Khaki sets virtually all have cracks. Almost 100 yr old "Old Type", but age doesn't always mean value. Shave with it if the cracks don't allow it to fall apart. Asking prices are all over the place, but the sets that sell are fairly inexpensive.

I recently decided to take a break while working and since I was already inside the antique mall I figured hey why not browse around for some straights(As I am teetering on the rabbit hole over there....) well I didn't find any but a jar caught my eye while checking out a fountain pen and lo and behold it was FILLED with Vintage DE!!!! My favorite in there was a Army issue razor that was tucked inside in its original box with mirror included!!!! I even found a nearby cup with a brush and A nice condition Slim adjustable!The sad part is as I am switching sides on you guys I will not be needing any of these so I cleaned em up and intend to try and profit off of them at least a little. If I do I will be PIF'ing one to pay my fortune forward!
View attachment 602949View attachment 602947View attachment 602948
That is very nice of you...

I have decided I will do a Ninja PIF and sneak it in on this thread!!!! open to anyone who promises to use or pass on the razor and not just collect it! Simply say that you are in and I will even let you CHOOSE any razor from the second picture(with the mirror showing)!!!!! I will do CONUS only unless someone wants to pay the shipping difference

Last edited:

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Nice find...I am pretty envious of you who can actually do hunts in the wild. Unfortunately Alaska doesn't offer much by way of wild hunting. If I make it back to the lower 48 I'll be doing some hunting of my own for sure.

May I ask what the date code is on the black handled Super Speed? I'm always hoping that I can find a B1 1981 at some point. That would be my birth year razor. :)

May I ask what the date code is on the black handled Super Speed? I'm always hoping that I can find a B1 1981 at some point. That would be my birth year razor. :)
The black handle is an S4 however if you are not partial to it I think one of the flair tips is a B something or other I can check for you when I get home!

Top Bottom