What's new

My last cheap disposable razor shave

Background I have been wet shaving for about 7 months. I found a old unused cheapie wanted to compare the shaves between the two types of razors.

Prep: face wash and scrub
Soap: kmf cool mint (w/ the heat why not)
Razor: cheap gillette throw away
ASL: floid Blue

It wasn't a good shave left spots here and there. On Its own was just a shave. As compared to the old school route it just won't do for me. I enjoy the ritual
the lather, de blade and my weapon of choice for that day. Oh and the bbs and the feel of the slap and sting of the aftershave. Sure it takes a little bit longer but the payoff is much better.
Cheers.

I've never used a cart. Used a 2-blade affair a handful of times but got grossed out by the TV and mag "lift and cut" ads, plus the thought of hair and soap getting stuck up between the blades. Not my thing.

When I travel I use a single blade BIC. Nice shave on the face. Mediocre on the neck. Like wearing a quartz watch; nobody else notices or cares, but it's not the same.

Background I have been wet shaving for about 7 months. I found a old unused cheapie wanted to compare the shaves between the two types of razors.

Prep: face wash and scrub
Soap: kmf cool mint (w/ the heat why not)
Razor: cheap gillette throw away
ASL: floid Blue

It wasn't a good shave left spots here and there. On Its own was just a shave. As compared to the old school route it just won't do for me. I enjoy the ritual
the lather, de blade and my weapon of choice for that day. Oh and the bbs and the feel of the slap and sting of the aftershave. Sure it takes a little bit longer but the payoff is much better.
Cheers.

I feel the same way....these days the only way your going to get my shave gear away from me is over my cold dead body. I don't think I could ever give up my DE's or straights for cart and canned goop ever again.

Top Bottom