What's new

My Guess... 3017

Just about coming to the end of my first 3017. A rather large hole appeared in the center of the Haslinger Honig that I smushed into a jar. I've tried taking the soft soap from the sides of the jar (which are under the lip of the jar) and pressing that back into the center, but it keeps getting pressed back to the sides as I load my brush. Does any one have a suggestion for a better way to use up this soft soap?
I usually mound the soap in the middle of my bowl and leave it uncovered. That firms it up enough for me.

RJ - Chicago
Posted from my phone, please forgive typos.

Just about coming to the end of my first 3017. A rather large hole appeared in the center of the Haslinger Honig that I smushed into a jar. I've tried taking the soft soap from the sides of the jar (which are under the lip of the jar) and pressing that back into the center, but it keeps getting pressed back to the sides as I load my brush. Does any one have a suggestion for a better way to use up this soft soap?

Leave it uncovered to dry out and keep smooshing it down? If it's too much I just combine it with my other frankensoap and move on to the next one.

I've crossed the 6 week mark with Haslinger Honig and still have about half the puck left. Though I have missed several shaves this month. The soap requires very little loading and I think it'll last till mid August easily. Very good shaves so far. I'm loving the Speick splash and Honig combo.

I've crossed the 6 week mark with Haslinger Honig and still have about half the puck left. Though I have missed several shaves this month. The soap requires very little loading and I think it'll last till mid August easily. Very good shaves so far. I'm loving the Speick splash and Honig combo.

Two of the greatest products there, regardless of price.

88 is a winner on all levels.

D.R. Harris Marlborough almost finished- grated and placed into shave stick twist up. Don't expect it to last another week. Looking forward to something different.

next up- C&S 88 that has been used approximately 3 times

Finished up the SMdF on Monday while on vacation. Had four vacation shaves with DR Harris Rose Cream - not bad at all but it didn't like the hard mountain water up in Vail. I think it would be awesome in soft water. Next time I buy a travel tube of cream it will be Speick - that stuff works like a charm in hard water.

Next up: Cold River Soap Works Jardin d'Orange. I've heard so many good things about CRSW, I'm excited to be trying one for the first time.

strop

Now half as wise
Still using Gold Dachs, but really wish it were done. I'm really tempted to relegate the remainder to shower duty. It is average at best, and I was spoiled by 2 weeks of travel shaves with some SCS Fairway pressed into my travel soap container Much better lather with that.

Still using Gold Dachs, but really wish it were done. I'm really tempted to relegate the remainder to shower duty. It is average at best, and I was spoiled by 2 weeks of travel shaves with some SCS Fairway pressed into my travel soap container Much better lather with that.
Life is too short to use mediocre soaps.

Should be into the home stretch with Haslinger Schafmilch now. Great shaves all. Next up I'll be doing a stretch with Mike's natural that's coming in the mail. Mike's was one of my first artisan soaps that I really liked, but I haven't had any for going on 3 years now. Should be interesting to see how it stacks up now.

Tim's soap roots started end of May is approaching the end. 2 more weeks?
$image.jpg

strop

Now half as wise
Turns out the Gold Dachs doesn't even make a very good shower soap!

It seems I could never really load enough soap to et the kind of lather I like. Soaking the puck didn't matter. Brush didn't matter. 2= min load time didn't mater. The only thing I didn't do was grate the remainder into a bowl, but that is too much trouble for this mediocre soap.

Up nest is a nearly new puck of QCS Tangerine. I've had this for at least a few years. Used up a puck of Vostok in summer 2013 and had this one then. Still has a subtle scent as well. I'm guessing a month and a half baed on the Vostok usage.

Arlington (80+%) 8 Oct 2012 to 13 Jan 2013 Note there were 4 travel shaves and about 10 shaves finishing a tub of Mr. Taylor's Cream.

TFS Rose (32g) 14 Jan 2013 to 31 Jan 2013
Valobra stick (51g) 1 Feb 2013 to 6 March 2013
Haslinger Coconut (60g) 7 March 2013 to 26 April 2013 60g/50 shaves (1.2 avg)
Arlington Cream (weight tbd) 27 March to 10 Aug 2013 Used to make superlather. Especially nice with AOS Unscented
AOS tallow unscented added (75g) 8 May to 18 July 2013 61 shaves, taking out the days I was traveling
QCS Vostok 19 July 2013 to 4 Sept 2013 (44 shaves)
Valobra Menthol 5 Sept 2013 to 12 Oct 2013 33 shaves. The rest were travel days.
Tabac 13 Oct 2013 to 31 Dec 2013 77+ shaves. There were 2 or 3 left that got moved to the Frankensoap tub.
AOS Sandalwood (new formula) 1 Jan 2014 to 14 April 2014 92 shaves
Trumpers Violet 15 April 2014 to 12 June 2014 55 shaves/75 grams of soap
Pre de Provence 13 June 2014 to 19 Dec 2014
174 total shaves
LaToja cream 20 Dec 2014 to 31 Jan 2015 43 shaves (partial tube)
Martin de Candre 1 Feb 2015 to 30 June 4015 209g/123 shaves (1.7 avg)
AOS Lemon (old) 1 July 2015 to 18 Sept 2015 77grams/69 shaves
Speick 19 Sept to 31 October 2015 46grams grated/42 shaves
Marlborough 1 November 2015 to 14 March 2016 103 grams/122 shaves (avg 0.85)
LaToja stick grated 15 March 2016 to 18 April 2016 44grams/35 shaves
LaToja Manantiales 19 April to 14 May 2016. 14 grams/22 shaves
Gold Dachs. 15 May 2016 to July 16. 28 grams/ 35 shaves. 25 grams went to the shower!
QCS Tangerine 17 July 2016 to ???

[MENTION=40793]strop[/MENTION] That's disappointing on the Gold Dachs, but QCS Tangerine should be a nice summer scent.

I'm finishing up Fine American Blend. When I heard it gets stringy at the end, I didn't quite believe it. But, that is the current state after 3 months. It started doing this a few weeks ago.

proxy.php

Top Bottom