What's new

My Guess... 3017

I got a great shave from Stirling today. I was so used to get Haslinger nice and yet, that I had to start dialing it back in for Stirling. I tend to prefer this one a hair drier than what I was getting used to with Haslinger. I'm glad I finally got hooked on the 3017 bug. It's really exciting to get a soap figured out and just stick with it. It's adding another element to shaving that I didn't know existed.. after all these years.

I got in my shipment of six Tim's Soaps on Wednesday - last order before they were all gone. Yesterday, I packed up all my soaps except what I project I'll use this year, wrapped each puck in plastic wrap, bagged them, and put them in the stand-alone freezer for storage. I think there's about seven years worth there (70+ pucks). I think once I get through this year's stash (mostly good stuff), I'll be using the oldest inventory first with an eye toward moving any less than stellar pucks to shower duty.

Yipes, my soap buying really got out of control.

I have and it is awesome. It is much better than the 26 from Stirling which pains me to say because I am such a huge fan of all of their products. I just don't think their brushes have enough backbone for my preference. The razorock 26 plissoft is a very good brush.
So the Stirling Kong splays more easily than the RazoRock Monster?

Hi guys, long time no post.

It's a little late as well but I'm 12 shaves into a puck of Williams I started on March 1st. I'm predicting it should get me to about mid April then it's either finishing off a mug of Seaforth or a tub of Proraso, weather depending.

What do you think?
Another week's worth maybe??

$2016-03-12 at 00-00-00.jpg

Stirling is still holding strong after a week. I've finally dialed it in to the right amount of water. Looking forward to 1-2 months with this one.

Today was shave #171 with my DR Harris Malborough. It has at least 1/3rd still to go on the puck -- perhaps almost one half is left. 250 shaves should be easy, might even hit 275 or, heaven forbid, 300. I'm beginning to suspect some sort of never-ending soap miracle (or is it an anti-miracle since I want to change soap so badly?).

Wow, today was shave 102 on my DR Harris Marlborough (I started it in Dec 2015). According to my scales I have used up about 28% of the soap. So I should easy get to 200 or 250 shaves as well. Heck, I might even hit 300 or more. I am not really itching to try something else in my stash as much slowing forming the opinion that my puck of Arlington will most likely not be the soap I start.

Ruckin.

Today was shave #171 with my DR Harris Malborough. It has at least 1/3rd still to go on the puck -- perhaps almost one half is left. 250 shaves should be easy, might even hit 275 or, heaven forbid, 300. I'm beginning to suspect some sort of never-ending soap miracle (or is it an anti-miracle since I want to change soap so badly?).

Wow, today was shave 102 on my DR Harris Marlborough (I started it in Dec 2015). According to my scales I have used up about 28% of the soap. So I should easy get to 200 or 250 shaves as well. Heck, I might even hit 300 or more. I am not really itching to try something else in my stash as much slowing forming the opinion that my puck of Arlington will most likely not be the soap I start.

Ruckin.

Holy crap guys! That's almost a year of shaving out of one puck!

So yesterday I put my water softener into bypass mode so I could wash the car. I forgot to turn that off. My son had his bath and my wife a nice long shower so when I got in the shower it was back to hard water. It's amazing how much of a difference you can feel!

Anyway, I still had to shave and used the Creed Original Santal per usual. Like I said before, this soap is tied for best shave while using soft water(easy 9/10). When using hard? The lather slickness, protection and cushion is beyond excellence. 10/10 pure perfection. I honestly don't understand how it performs so much better with hard water but it does. Anyway, still using it, I can still see some of the writing from the top of the puck so tonnes left.

Cheers

M.

My Speick stick has worn down to the top of the little black holder so I've moved it into bowl and kind of smushed it down.

Feels weird not using it as a stick. Still lathers like a champ though. I guess another 2 - 3 weeks of use.

Ruckin.

Sounds like you'll get really close to or break 300, likely have me "beat" by a bit, though I don't weigh mine so it's all just visual estimation here. Maybe we got Malborough pucks from the same special batch, like Willy Wonka's never-ending gobstopper ...

Holy crap guys! That's almost a year of shaving out of one puck!

Yeah, it's a bit depressing. I dream about the day it runs out, but it's always there, the next morning, mocking me with its unchanging mass. It's not a soap puck, it's a geological formation.

Finished off a partial tube of Shashave yesterday, will be continuing with about 140 grams of the new formula. The old was a really good product, am going to see if the reformulated version stacks up.

strop

Now half as wise
The little ring of Marlborough finally broke apart this morning, though not before I was able to load enough soap for today. Remaining 2 grams are now in the Frankensoap tub!

Final tally was 122 shaves with 102 grams of soap. Not bad but I can't compare to some of you guys! Next up is a partial stick of La
Toja grated into a bowl.

Arlington (80+%) 8 Oct 2012 to 13 Jan 2013 Note there were 4 travel shaves and about 10 shaves finishing a tub of Mr. Taylor's Cream.
TFS Rose (32g) 14 Jan 2013 to 31 Jan 2013
Valobra stick (51g) 1 Feb 2013 to 6 March 2013
Haslinger Coconut (60g) 7 March 2013 to 26 April 2013 60g/50 shaves (1.2 avg)
Arlington Cream (weight tbd) 27 March to 10 Aug 2013 Used to make superlather. Especially nice with AOS Unscented
AOS tallow unscented added (75g) 8 May to 18 July 2013 61 shaves, taking out the days I was traveling
QCS Vostok 19 July 2013 to 4 Sept 2013 (44 shaves)
Valobra Menthol 5 Sept 2013 to 12 Oct 2013 33 shaves. The rest were travel days.
Tabac 13 Oct 2013 to 31 Dec 2013 77+ shaves. There were 2 or 3 left that got moved to the Frankensoap tub.
AOS Sandalwood (new formula) 1 Jan 2014 to 14 April 2014 92 shaves
Trumpers Violet 15 April 2014 to 12 June 2014 55 shaves/75 grams of soap
Pre de Provence 13 June 2014 to 19 Dec 2014
174 total shaves
LaToja cream 20 Dec 2014 to 31 Jan 2015 43 shaves (partial tube)
Martin de Candre 1 Feb 2015 to 30 June 4015 209g/123 shaves (1.7 avg)
AOS Lemon (old) 1 July 2015 to 18 Sept 2015 77grams/69 shaves
Speick 19 Sept to 31 October 2015 46grams grated/42 shaves
Marlborough 1 November 2015 to 14 March 2016 103 grams/122 shaves (avg 0.85)

Top Bottom