What's new

My Guess... 3017

brucered

System Generated
CF Lavender - This is my top shaving cream/soap and I would love to hear your feedback. Also, I have been trying to use my creams as soon as I open them as I am not convinced that they won't go rancid.
I was editing as you were quoting....its confirmed, I'm doing CF. It is all weighed and on deck for tomorrow.

I have about 120g left and can't wait to use it. It is a bit softer then it was originally and I even had it in the fridge.

Time to get rid of some of these old ones, as you said...I have a feeling they change/turn too. My CF is clearly softer, my Pens BB in a tube (unused) has gone from thick to runny (visible in tube end) and even one of my RR Mudder (the one I was going to use next), start to almost separate and looked crystallized and those are only a few months old.

Maybe we need them to bring back parabens :bored:

MF bought at same time, stored in same box, one looks good, one looks odd:
$2014-09-09.jpg

Last edited:
After struggling with lather, the last couple days I've been face lathering and it's wonderful. Much better, slicker, etc. Not sure if it's lack of working lather or heat breaking product down.

brucered

System Generated
After struggling with lather, the last couple days I've been face lathering and it's wonderful. Much better, slicker, etc. Not sure if it's lack of working lather or heat breaking product down.
What product are you using again?

I find heat often breaks it down and the first few shave are always heat free until I dial it in. Once dialed in, I give it the heat test and see if it works.

Not much to report. Still working on the Strop Shoppe Lemon Eucalyptus. By every criteria that I use in judging soap this one shines - it lathers easily, it's thick and slick and creamy, the shaves are close and smooth, and the face feel is great.
But...
It leaves me a bit underwhelmed.
I think it's the scent. The lemon was a bit "Pledge-y" to start but that has toned down. I think it's the Eucalyptus. I guess it just doesn't move me.
Has anyone else had the experience of what should be a good soap just leaving them 'meh? Or is it just me?

brucered

System Generated
...It leaves me a bit underwhelmed. I think it's the scent.
Has anyone else had the experience of what should be a good soap just leaving them 'meh? Or is it just me?

Hey, you stole my adjective :lol:

I had the exact same thoughts on Strop Shoppe Soaps. It was the same for the next couple I sampled and one I couldn't even bring myself to use as it smelled like an old shoe.

My quickest 3017 ever...sample of Strop Shoppe - London Morning with Tallow is done.

No better or worse then my last couple of RR's, but the scent did nothing for me. .... All of them just kind of make me say "meh" when sniffing, so unless performance is off the charts, they won't be a line I look at after these.

Ok, so I grossly overestimated the amount of Mike's I had left. I lathered it up this evening and there was only a few little chunks left so I combined what was left w/an unused tin for later. I am going to work on some PannaCrema Fumo di Londra until the 1st.

24 May 2013 - 22 June 2013: DR Harris Arlington
23 June 2013 - 18 July 2013: DR Harris Arlington/CO Bigelow
19 July 2013 - 22 July 2013: SCS Bay Rum sample
23 July 2013 – 26 July 2013: Barrister and Mann Seville sample
27 July 2013 – 3 September 2013: RR KotC Lime
4 September 2013 – 27 September 2013: Stirling Anise
28 September 2013 – 30 September 2013: Stirling Lavender Sage sample
1 October 2013 – 15 October 2013: RazoRock Chianti Lavender
16 October 2013 – 7 November 2013: RazoRock XXX
8 November 2013 – 9 December 2013: 2 grated La Toja sticks
10 December 2013 – 28 December 2013: Stirling Scot's Pine
29 December 2013 – 7 January 2014: DR Harris Windsor (paused)
8 January 2014 – 31 January 2014: Proraso Red/Synergy Cavendish(paused)
1 February 2014 – 3 April 2014: DR Harris Windsor (resumed)
4 April 2014 – 14 April 2014: RR Boston Tea Party
15 April 2014 – 17 April 2014: SCS Fairway
18 April 2014 – 21 May 2014: Speick
22 May 2014 – 24 May 2014: B&M Solstice sample
25 May 2014 – 30 May 2014: Strop Shoppe Rosemary Mint
31 May 2014 – 12 June 2014: Mike's OCBP
13 June 2014 – 22 June 2014: CF Lime
23 June 2014 – 9 July 2014: PannaCrema Namaste
10 July 2014 – 23 July 2014: PannaCrema Fumo di Londra (paused)
24 July 2014 – 20 September 2014: Palmolive and HTGAM Barberpole
21 September 2014 – 27 September 2014: Mike's Barbershop
28 September 2014 – 30 September 2013: PannaCrema Fumo di Londra (resumed)
1 October 2014 - ??: B&M Hallows

Having never been able to use the same cream or soap for more than a couple of weeks I've finally done it.
My first successful attempt thanks to Speicktember-
Speick shave stick(75%) - 1.9.2014-28.9.2014: 26 shaves

I have several partially used tubes of cream and soap pucks in my collection. Plan on finishing off some of those before attacking the full sized ones.
Next up a 1/3rd of an Arko stick pressed into a bowl.
$arkostick.jpg

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Yaaaayyyy!!!! Welcome on board the "use it up" thread, also known as the "load it like you hate it" thread. I actually think that, for me, it's more like the " Till death do us part" aspect of loving wedding vows.

Having never been able to use the same cream or soap for more than a couple of weeks I've finally done it.
My first successful attempt thanks to Speicktember-
Speick shave stick(75%) - 1.9.2014-28.9.2014: 26 shaves

I have several partially used tubes of cream and soap pucks in my collection. Plan on finishing off some of those before attacking the full sized ones.
Next up a 1/3rd of an Arko stick pressed into a bowl.
View attachment 500876

We're glad to have you here, Ashwin. As you have some of the most unique lathering products of anyone, I look forward to your exploits.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Welcome Ashwin. To celebrate your joining us, I will use a cream you sent me earlier this year.
View attachment 500909
I will admit that using a cream after 3017ing harder soaps is taking a bit of practice to remember how to make lather.

When I saw this photo I thought I had just opened the medicine chest in my father's bathroom in 1966. That's beautiful.

Congrats to Ashwin on his first. :thumbup1:

brucered

System Generated
WOW, some very interesting products being 3017'd right now.

I'm just started my boring tub of CF Lavender, but it was amazing that's for sure. I don't foresee any issues with this one.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Based upon my DR Harris run, I thought that my Klar photo from yesterday indicated another week of shaves. Alas, it looks like the soap was "wafer thin" (a la Monty Python) and everything broke apart this morning. Managed to smoosh together enough to get a shave from tomorrow..... I think.

Top Bottom