What's new

My Guess... 3017

43 days on my Proraso Green Cream, and still going. I have been getting creamy, protective lather everyday. I even took it on vacation with me and had great shaves no matter where I shaved (Virginia, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, & Florida).
Next up will be Speicktember, followed by my favorite time of year...RazoRocktober.

The tub of Proraso green is about half gone, and then it will be either a tube of Irisch Moos cream or a full stick of Blueness soap. Either one will be fun.

My Coates lime tube cap broke this morning, so I squeezed into a container. Maybe two weeks of shaves left in there.

It's VERY similar to Proraso in terms of lather. Foamy at first then creamy. Goof shaves.

I've hit the sweet spot with Mystic Water! What an accomplishment considering my earlier struggles. The key, in my opinion, aside from using less water, is not aerating the lather early in the building process. I use the brush more like a stirring spoon in that I don't let the bristles spray or apply pressure. I use a motion like I'm whisking eggs and whip it into a beautiful, creamy lather. Maybe this will help out anyone else who has struggled with this fantastic product.

brucered

System Generated
Vitos Super Extra is still going very strong.

This soap makes an incredible lather, easy to whip up and delivers an excellent shave every time.

Found a significant hole in the bottom of my XXX after 48 shaves. Not sure if it will make it to the end of the month or not. I like this soap alot as long as I don't put too much water in in. SWMBO is not impressed with the smell. It will be interesting to see what she thinks of the Prorasso green. I will be traveling about 1/2 of September for work so it will be interesting to see how I deal with different water and a minimalist selection of pre/post shave products.

Ruckin

2014.05.31 - 2014.07.09 40 Edwin Jagger Sandlewood Shaving Cream (100ml)
2014.07.10 - xxxx.xx.xx 48 RazoRock XXX (125ml)

Here's a soap made by the Italians:

Old AOS tallow Lemon. I am a month in. I get a little more of the Lemon scent now, but I still supplement the amazing creamy lather from time to time with a drop of peppermint oil. The puck is the consistency of a hard putty now. It is well hydrated and gives up a great creamy lather. I expect an additional month or month and a half of shaves. I don't expect it'll last 3 months, though. Thinking I'll use several partially used items next. I have C&E Sandalwood, Monsavon, Speick stick, Palmolive stick. Then I think I'll try the Valobra Menthol.

Finished off a tube of Ingram cream today. Still haven't decided if tomorrow I'll start in on a half tube of CO Bigelow or a tub of Proraso white with 5 or 6 shaves out of it so far. I guess I can make up my mind in the morning. I'm leaning toward polishing off the tube. It's been a great menthol almost all the time summer!

Here's a soap made by the Italians:

Old AOS tallow Lemon. I am a month in. I get a little more of the Lemon scent now, but I still supplement the amazing creamy lather from time to time with a drop of peppermint oil. The puck is the consistency of a hard putty now. It is well hydrated and gives up a great creamy lather. I expect an additional month or month and a half of shaves. I don't expect it'll last 3 months, though. Thinking I'll use several partially used items next. I have C&E Sandalwood, Monsavon, Speick stick, Palmolive stick. Then I think I'll try the Valobra Menthol.

The Good Ol Days!!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My D.R. Harris Arlington is coming to and end!
Here is my puck with 214 shaves on it. It's no longer white mainly because that's the wood of the bowl showing through. Each morning for the past week, I have been gently finger-smoothing it to smoosh any loose little bits. Don't want to waste any of the puck which I received from brucered! That would be discourteous.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom