What's new

My Guess... 3017

That's what I'm gonna do, I'm going to finish one of my TOBs creams... Almond I think. Yup almond on deck now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Love to hear when someone enjoys a product I enjoy, like La Toja. I feel some sort of validation! Is the 1805 in soap or cream form? The cream is amazing!

It’s the cream. The tub is 5 years old but the scent is still there. Used it today and it was very good. Forgot how concentrated this cream is.

As for la toja, I could be content with just the cream and shave stick in my den. Both 5 star products.

I feel the same way, that Conk Amber refuses to die. I swear it's thicker today that it was last week!

I stuck it firmly down on top of the new soap underneath, maybe I'll stop mixing it in that way. Otherwise in a couple weeks it goes no matter what.

View attachment 904178

Well, Haslinger Aloe is done. Excellent soap of course. Next up, AoS Lavender NOS tallow, seen here with the wrapping just removed. Oddly, out of the box the lavender scent was quite strong, but once lathered it diminished. It’s a good scent, but very mild. The Tallowy goodness is just as I recall. I have used AoS soap but it’s been years. This box is from maybe 2009 give or take? Well, I know performance will be very good. I’m looking forward to working my way through this puck.

Cheers!

I missed my six month unwrapping anniversary by a few days.

Been enjoying the 3017'ing of soaps that i'm almost through my current one - Uncle Jon's Tahitian Dream. This has a special meaning as i picked this up from Pasteur's last year on a trip with my wife. She loved the smell of this one when she was 'helping' me pick nice soaps. Of the 7 i bought that day, this is the first i have used a large amount of to date.

I'm 17 shaves in and based on my kitchen scales, using around 5.3g of soap each shave.
I think i have 1 week left, but when it comes time that the brush is too hard to load, it enters my Frankensoap tub!

I have enjoyed this soap maker alot and i would buy from him again - he is quite active on social media and interacts positively, as do many soap artisans of course.

One minor issue i had early on with the soap was the slight tingling on my lips from the lather. Nothing major, and once wiped and rinsed, no troubles at all. No redness which i thought i might get after the first use. I also found that lathering on top of a pre shave such as either Proraso pre or Razorock Mister Joe pre-shave gave virtually zero burn.

I guess one more issue 'could' be me using the soap too fast - but heck, its only soap.

5.3 grams of soap per shave blows my mind! I typically use less than 0.4 gr. per shave.....

Which is why, of course, it takes me five months to use up a puck of Williams.

Finally coming to the end of my puck of ABC. It's been almost seven months.
with what's left, I should have another 10 shaves or so.
Now, what to pick next?

Question for you 3017 guys: On average how many soaps or creams do you go through in a year? I know it depends on a wide range of factors, but I am just looking for a ballpark number.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@Rusty Blade a standard puck/cream should last around 3 months or so, give or take. Triple milled soaps like Tabac and MWF should last a good bit longer. As always, YMMV depending on how often you shave and whether you use a big dense Chubby 3 or a boar/synth.

Rusty, if you look back in this thread, we occasionally post our completed soap lists, with dates. Each user will use soaps at a different rate, daily shaves vs every other day, brushes used, etc, but you can get a ballpark idea from these lists.

After 6 weeks I've finally hit bottom of a tub of St. James of London Cedar and Clarysage that was probably 90% full when I started. Still plenty on the walls so I probably have another week or 2 to figure out what's next.

proxy.php

Or Memorial Day for me -- I use less and less soap these days for some reason. Great shaves though, and I hope I can stand the six or seven months it will take me to use up that lump of home-made stuff that's next on the list....

Thanks guys. Very helpful. I have enough soap to get me through 2 years plus an unused MdC that will likely get me through another year. I have a few tubs that are half used, those will be the quick hitters. I am guessing tubes of cream last a couple of months.

Top Bottom