What's new

My (great) experience with Mystic Water !

Hi guys, I really wanted to share with you my order at Mystic Water. I already bought the sensitive skin shaving soap 2 years ago, and this time I ordered more products.

Michelle is a great person to deal with and she answered my questions very quickly per mail.

Here is my order :
- shampoo bar Neem and tea tree
- Whipped shea butter
- sensitive skin shaving soap
- lemongrass & blue gum shaving soap

mystic water 1.jpg

Michelle kindly sent me a soap sample as well

I tried those products for a week now, except for the sensitive skin shaving soap that I already know. By the way, if you like unscented soaps or if you have sensitive skin, this soap is absolutely the one you need to buy, very protective, amazing post shave feel, great natural ingredients etc.

Let me start with the shampoo bar ; it’s the first time I use this kind of shampoo. It is solid, a little goes a long way and it’s on the cheap side. There is a sort of medicinal scent but in a good way, Pleasant.
All I can say is that after one week of use, my hair feel supple and healthy. It seems great against dandruff as well.

Regarding the Lemongrass & blue gum menthol soap, the smell reminds me of the great Mike’s Lemongrass & eucalyptus soap, I’d say it is almost identical. Great for summer, refreshing, the scent is not overpowering at all but not mild neither. Performance is great, I mean slick lather, easy to build and does not dry at all. I’d rate even a bit better than Stirling soaps !

mystic water 2.jpg

lather left after my 2 pass shave, very very slick

Finally, the whipped shea butter ! I really wanted to try this product for a while. It’s made with unrefined shea butter (much better than refined, because it keeps all its properties), a touch of coconut oil and some vitamin E. I bought the unscented version and when you open the tub, it smells shea butter.

I’ve already used some pure unrefined shea butter in the past but this whipped shea butter is much easier to apply (feels not as solid) and is a joy to use.

mystic water 3.jpg

you can see it is softier than a casual shea butter

Ideal for dry hands ! But I’v used it several times as pre shave too. I rub a peanut size in my hands and directly apply on my beard and massage for like 30 seconds. It leaves a nice layer protection and does not affect the face lather at all. I’ve also noticed that it works great when I apply a few drops of apricot kernel oil and mix it whith the shea butter (I guess every oil works).

If you have shea butter at home, I really advice you to give it a try as pre shave.

That’s all for this review, I’m really happy with this brand :)
Here is her website for men : Shaving Soap - https://www.mystic4men.com/

Nice review. I love Michelle's products. That shampoo bar is, in my opinion, the best in the business. And it solves most dandruff problems.
The bath soaps are great. The shave soaps are great. The scents are all wonderfully balanced.
The only down side is that you apparently forgot to order a bottle of the hair oil! I've been using it for several years. It makes hair soft and smooth without making it greasy. I don't know how she does it.

Wow, the whipped shea butter looks divine and is priced very well. Whipped shea butter is my preferred body moisturizer, which I have only acquired from higher priced vendors. Un-whipped is just too much of a PITA. Ordering now... thanks for the tip.

Some gripe about the shave soap, but if you load with a lightly-wet brush, then add water slowly in the beginning, it works out fine. And yes, the performance is superb.

Some of her scents are a little weak, but she has a generous sample program so you can try first.

Good stuff!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I really wanted to share with you my order at Mystic Water. I already bought the sensitive skin shaving soap 2 years ago, and this time I ordered more products.

Michelle is a great person to deal with and she answered my questions very quickly per mail.

Here is my order :
- shampoo bar Neem and tea tree
- Whipped shea butter
- sensitive skin shaving soap
- lemongrass & blue gum shaving soap

View attachment 1065404
Michelle kindly sent me a soap sample as well

I tried those products for a week now, except for the sensitive skin shaving soap that I already know. By the way, if you like unscented soaps or if you have sensitive skin, this soap is absolutely the one you need to buy, very protective, amazing post shave feel, great natural ingredients etc.

Let me start with the shampoo bar ; it’s the first time I use this kind of shampoo. It is solid, a little goes a long way and it’s on the cheap side. There is a sort of medicinal scent but in a good way, Pleasant.
All I can say is that after one week of use, my hair feel supple and healthy. It seems great against dandruff as well.

Regarding the Lemongrass & blue gum menthol soap, the smell reminds me of the great Mike’s Lemongrass & eucalyptus soap, I’d say it is almost identical. Great for summer, refreshing, the scent is not overpowering at all but not mild neither. Performance is great, I mean slick lather, easy to build and does not dry at all. I’d rate even a bit better than Stirling soaps !

View attachment 1065406
lather left after my 2 pass shave, very very slick

Finally, the whipped shea butter ! I really wanted to try this product for a while. It’s made with unrefined shea butter (much better than refined, because it keeps all its properties), a touch of coconut oil and some vitamin E. I bought the unscented version and when you open the tub, it smells shea butter.

I’ve already used some pure unrefined shea butter in the past but this whipped shea butter is much easier to apply (feels not as solid) and is a joy to use.

View attachment 1065407
you can see it is softier than a casual shea butter

Ideal for dry hands ! But I’v used it several times as pre shave too. I rub a peanut size in my hands and directly apply on my beard and massage for like 30 seconds. It leaves a nice layer protection and does not affect the face lather at all. I’ve also noticed that it works great when I apply a few drops of apricot kernel oil and mix it whith the shea butter (I guess every oil works).

If you have shea butter at home, I really advice you to give it a try as pre shave.

That’s all for this review, I’m really happy with this brand :)
Here is her website for men : Shaving Soap - https://www.mystic4men.com/
Better than Stirling? Impossible!

Haha, thanks for the review. I'd give it thoughts but my skin does not take bentonite clay well so I am staying away from MW. Glad to see that you're enjoying it though.

Nice review. I love Michelle's products. That shampoo bar is, in my opinion, the best in the business. And it solves most dandruff problems.
The bath soaps are great. The shave soaps are great. The scents are all wonderfully balanced.
The only down side is that you apparently forgot to order a bottle of the hair oil! I've been using it for several years. It makes hair soft and smooth without making it greasy. I don't know how she does it.
I ordered a restock of soaps today and tossed in the hair oil based on this post. Also added face serum #1 and a sample of the sensitive skin shave soap, neither of which I have tried before. :lemo:

How does this whipped she’s butter compare to the Shea orgnicw or whatever it’s called she’s butter? @celestino tirned me on to Shea nutter a few years back and I’m needing to stock up again soon

the whipped shea butter is much easier to apply as it directly melts on the skin. Except that, I think they are both more or less the same :)

I just got my first order of MW today, directly because of this thread. I got Bay Rum and coconut. I tried the Bay Rum and was very happy with it. I face lathered and found it to be very slick, but I need to dial in the water to get a bit more cushion. But I love the scent, and am satisfied with my purchase! Thanks for the tip folks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The shave soap is amazing, and as SugarDaddy pointed out...damp brush in the beginning, add water very slowly and in small increments. I used a total of 8 ml of water for the lather below...added one milliliter at a time with a syringe.

Vr

BTW...Marrakesh smells EXACTLY like the desert after a rainstorm. I don’t know how she did it, but she did!

Vr

Matt

C6441DA0-A03E-4F0C-B298-628E2EEACF8A.jpeg
C779FC55-41A4-444A-A58F-0850DD0E8A0F.jpeg
8E3BF604-81F9-4FBD-BA47-C0FC29FB41A7.jpeg

Thanks! The STAR Model 100 is one of my favorite razors! It’s shaves beautifully and is fairly inexpensive off of eBay.

Vr

Matt

Last edited:
Top Bottom