What's new

My Grande Journey

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
IMG_3288.JPG

I could smell the SV as I was opening the box. Thats a good thing. A very good thing.

Vitos smells awesome. It smells just like Cella Bio but turned up to 11.

Still waiting on the crooked Italian and Southern Witchcrafts.

Screenshot_2020-08-05 USPS com® - USPS Tracking® Results.png

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Its efficient because of the amount of blade exposure. I havent measured it but it has the same amount of exposure as my R41 and Fatip if not slightly more.

Very nice that it offers a smoother shave your R41 even if still temperamentail.

My Regent second pass ATG inspires more confidence than my R41 on a third pass.

I think @Chandu is in the market for an R41. He borrowed one and it agreed swimmingly with his shaving style. I think he’s in the USA which is inches away from London ON on a map.

I have razors that wont be rendered useless by dropping them. There are pictures around the forum somewhere of a Vector that was dropped and just happened to fall in the worst possible way rendering it unusable.

First, lots of sympathy for the person with that misfortune. Second, are your Fatip Grande and Lo Storto Originale part of your drop-resistant cadre? If so, Mazel Tov. Otherwise, that Vector OC is around the corner and offering more maneuverability than an ATT SE1 - even a gold-plated SE1.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Very nice that it offers a smoother shave your R41 even if still temperamentail.

meh.jpg

The last two shaves with it let the wind out of my sails.

I think @Chandu is in the market for an R41. He borrowed one and it agreed swimmingly with his shaving style. I think he’s in the USA which is inches away from London ON on a map.

If he's in PA, I can try throwing it across the lake. If it doesnt make it, oh well lol.

First, lots of sympathy for the person with that misfortune. Second, are your Fatip Grande and Lo Storto Originale part of your drop-resistant cadre? If so, Mazel Tov. Otherwise, that Vector OC is around the corner and offering more maneuverability than an ATT SE1 - even a gold-plated SE1.

Like I said to Rave the other day, I would have been more worried about the tile floor than any Fatip. 'Fragile' doesnt describe them well I dont think.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
MMOC/PTFE(8?)
Vitos

Vitos is Cella Bio with the scent turned up. Same shave, same feel, arguably better post shave feel. 1000ml block for $15.75CAD huh...

Ouch. Shipping $27.64CAD for a grand total of $43.15CAD.

SV next...

Vitos is Cella Bio with the scent turned up.
:crazy: I think we come from different planets, Mike.

To me Vitos Red has a very mild almond scent, and Cella Extra Extra Bio has a strong scent (of what I'm not too sure, but it's not unpleasant).

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

To me Vitos Red has a very mild almond scent, and Cella Extra Extra Bio has a strong scent (of what I'm not too sure, but it's not unpleasant).

That would answer a lotta questions lol.

I dont smell almond at all, in either of them. They both smell exactly the same but Vitos is stronger. A lot stronger and yet doesnt linger at all.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents

I'm confused:confused1

Is the Vitos Extra Super Coco the same as the Vitos Red? I have the Vitos Extra Super Coco, and to me it is very pleasant, kind of a creamy frosting like scent with hints of chocolate and strawberry gently wafting into the atmosphere. Or was that the cake my daughter just made?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm confused:confused1

Is the Vitos Extra Super Coco the same as the Vitos Red? I have the Vitos Extra Super Coco, and to me it is very pleasant, kind of a creamy frosting like scent with hints of chocolate and strawberry gently wafting into the atmosphere. Or was that the cake my daughter just made?

You and me both. I dont even know which planet I'm on now.

I dont get any chocolate or strawberry but I would if I made a superlather with CC 45th Parallel.

thombrogan

Page six of the Holy Writ (page 7 per the unwashed developers of Adobe) lists two RED soaps in the Vitos lineage:

Pane Pasta Glicerinata - Rosso
y
Pane Pasta Extra Super - Rosso+

Ingredients for Rosso can’t be found on the first five pages of Google, so that’s like dark web stuff.

Ingredients for Extra Super Rosso+ are “Stearic acid, hydrogenated tallow, water, potassium hydroxide, glycerin, sodium hydroxide, sodium hexametaphosphate, talc, benzaldehide. olio di cocco.”

Ingredients for Verde and Vegetal Limited Edition can be found on the first five pages of google, but my search was to distinguish between Rosso and Rosso+ which all speakers of European languages agree are Italian for red.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm only really interested in the SV Desert Vetiver review. Well, that and where's the Lo Storto?

Somewhere between Chicago and my door, I hope.

The scent, its strong. Its difficult to describe. Sort of spicy, light not heavy. It has a very strong presence. I expect it to open up and relax quite a bit when its lathered.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Somewhere between Chicago and my door, I hope.

The scent, its strong. Its difficult to describe. Sort of spicy, light not heavy. It has a very strong presence. I expect it to open up and relax quite a bit when its lathered.
Mike, I really don't think I'm going to make it through this whole sabbatical thing.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Mike, I really don't think I'm going to make it through this whole sabbatical thing.

unnamed.jpg

I was just getting the garbage and recycling ready for tomorrow morning and the box it shipped in still has the scent in it. Its strong...

Ingredients for Rosso can’t be found on the first five pages of Google, so that’s like dark web stuff.
Here's the ingredients on a 1000ml box:
Vitos-Red-Ingredients.jpg

Ingredients for Extra Super Rosso+ are “Stearic acid, hydrogenated tallow, water, potassium hydroxide, glycerin, sodium hydroxide, sodium hexametaphosphate, talc, benzaldehide. olio di cocco.”
The + just means "with coconut scent added."
Vitos-Red+Box.jpg

Both are referred to as "Vitos Red."

thombrogan

Here's the ingredients on a 1000ml box:
The + just means "with coconut scent added."

That‘s the only difference? I’ve been trawling the data for what made Red+ Extra Super versus its more pedestrian analog Red and it’s a frickin’ whiff of coconut fragrance?

The indignity of it all. For shame! For shame! No longer shall I give Rosso+ the affectionate “Extra Scrappy Coco” for they are the “kinda shady downlow!”

Top Bottom