What's new

My first pelikan

I recently picked up a pelikan on the BST and it just arrived last night. The package was larger than I expected, and when I opened it there were a couple of extra items thrown in. First was a bottle of blue quink which I've never tried, and second was a tablet of decent paper. I've never used my FPs on anything other than cheap copy paper, and cheap staples steno tablets, so I'm really looking forward to trying the new stuff out. I just wanted to give James a public thanks for the extra stuff, and a heads up to the vendors, because I'll probably end up ordering more paper after trying the new notebook out. :thumbup1:

I already loaded the M200 up with the quink and did a little scribbling. It is definitely smoother and softer feeling than my metro (which I would consider my best pen to date). It is nicer to write with, and I am looking forward to putting it to use more in the next few days.

Congrats on the new pen, ink and paper ;-) Have to watch that James, you think he did you a favor, do ya, lol? Next thing you know, you'll have 10 bottles of ink, 2 journals, practice notebooks...and then you're "good" paper for writing letters and such ;-)

Post some pics and share the haul, we like pictures!

Congrats on the Pelikan. You received a wonderful pen with paper and ink for a great price, from a great member of B&B. Sounds like a win,win to me.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Congratulations on the purchase, I'm sure it will become one of your favorites!

Be sure to drop a pic in the M200 thread.

Lol that pad is the same one I did a review on a few days back, I was picking up one for you and the other pen I sold, so I grabbed one for myself as well, for the record they come from staples and are not very expensive. Since you could re buy them and have quick access to refilling them when done i thought the quink and pad would be a good option for a work setup or goofing around.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Welcome to the Nib. This will not be your last Pelikan, I predict. Once you see how much ink the pen holds, you may be spoiled against cartridge/converter pens. I, myself, will never buy another. My next will be an M600. Nice size, great capacity, and a gold (not a gold plated, like the M200) nib. There are pens, and then there are Pelikans.

I've been completely swamped lately, and will try to get a couple of pics up in a day or 2.

Here it is with the pens it is replacing:

$DSC00094.jpg

M200, creaper flex, 78G, 21, 616 and 612. My metro is at work, and the M200 has most of the home duty.

Top Bottom