What's new

My First Injector !! blue handle.

hi a friend gave me a EVERSHARP SCHICK blue handle injector today !!! i think a type G.. now my only problem is i went everywhere looking for blades but couldnt find them anywhere. any ideas other than ordering them online? if i order from ebay it will take forever or at least feel like it because i really want to try it out !!

Attachments

• IMG_20190703_225054.jpg
    IMG_20190703_225054.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20190703_225113.jpg
    IMG_20190703_225113.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 28
These are the ones I typically get: https://www.amazon.com/Schick-Injec...ateway&sprefix=schick+injector,aps,182&sr=8-1

If someone has a cheaper source, I'd like to know about it. These seem a bit pricey.

By the way, congrats on the acquisition. I've got several injectors -- they are awesome shavers!!!
thanks.. I figure if he was nice enough to give it to me i ought to at least see if i would like it. i had never thought about the injectors before, i have used DE and straight and a shavette( weck) and a kamisori shavette and want to try a gem or eveready SE razor but had not thought of the injectors, but i figure hey lets give it a shot and see what i think...

These are the ones I typically get: https://www.amazon.com/Schick-Injec...ateway&sprefix=schick+injector,aps,182&sr=8-1

If someone has a cheaper source, I'd like to know about it. These seem a bit pricey.

By the way, congrats on the acquisition. I've got several injectors -- they are awesome shavers!!!
That's what they cost. Even when ordering from the UK with postage and customs that's the cheapest source of those Schick blades that I know of.
Other blades can be had cheaper. (Personna, Schick Proline)

It's a Type G, made 1945 to 1955. There are two blue handled G's: a light blue and a dark blue. The latter is a G that was made only in 1949. It was called the 66, as it retailed for 66 cents. The picture suggest you may have the dark blue model.

The G is a moderate aggression injector razor. Experiment with the angle. I get the closest shaves if I shave at a shallow angle (pretty much riding the cap). YMMV.

The best blades are the Chinese Schick blades. They are available on Amazon, or at some independent drug stores. For some reason the large chain drug stores don't seem to carry them (at least in my experience here in California).

hi a friend gave me a EVERSHARP SCHICK blue handle injector today !!! i think a type G.. now my only problem is i went everywhere looking for blades but couldnt find them anywhere. any ideas other than ordering them online? if i order from ebay it will take forever or at least feel like it because i really want to try it out !!

Excellent sir. Are you in the US? The reason I ask is I found my blades at a local grocery.

Is there a blade already in there? If not remember you need to waste your first blade, you will have a bad experience shaving with a blade injected into an empty razor.
Did you try razorsdirect.com. There is usually a coupon code available to defray part of the cost. I believe they have the Chinese schicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a blade already in there? If not remember you need to waste your first blade, you will have a bad experience shaving with a blade injected into an empty razor.
Did you try razorsdirect.com. There is usually a coupon code available to defray part of the cost. I believe they have the Chinese schicks.
No there is no blade in it. And thanks for recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One collectible site said this..
This vintage Schick Injector Razor is a type G4, also known as a "Schick 66" (that was the original price). They were produced in 1949. At first glance, it looks like any other "G" type razor (and will shave just as well). However, it has a navy blue handle. We call this a "G4a" because, rather than the normal textured, nickel plated head, this variant has a smooth, gold plated head. Uses standard Schick style injector blades you can still purchase today.

Yes im in US. Which grocery if i may ask?

Food City in Virginia and Tennessee at roughly $7. If you can't find some I will mail you a pack. There is no way I am not going to feed the need of a fellow vintage Schick injector razor user.

Last edited:
Food City in Virginia and Tennessee at roughly $7. If you can't find some I will mail you a pack. There is no way I am not going to feed the need of a fellow vintage Schick injector razor.
Im in SC we dont have a food city here.and i would appreciate the help.

One collectible site said this..
This vintage Schick Injector Razor is a type G4, also known as a "Schick 66" (that was the original price). They were produced in 1949. At first glance, it looks like any other "G" type razor (and will shave just as well). However, it has a navy blue handle. We call this a "G4a" because, rather than the normal textured, nickel plated head, this variant has a smooth, gold plated head. Uses standard Schick style injector blades you can still purchase today.

I have a textured nickel "66" and its one of my favorites! enjoy yours!

Food City in Virginia and Tennessee at roughly $7. If you can't find some I will mail you a pack. There is no way I am not going to feed the need of a fellow vintage Schick injector razor.
..and this is why this site is so damn awesome!

Food City in Virginia and Tennessee at roughly $7. If you can't find some I will mail you a pack. There is no way I am not going to feed the need of a fellow vintage Schick injector razor user.
Thank you for the offer of mailing a pack. I dont usually order from amazon.

Top Bottom