What's new

My First Injector !! blue handle.

oh and it seems there is some confusion over whether mine is a e type or a g type. it looks like though with the smooth handle it could be a g i just dont know and more specifically a g4a...

oh and it seems there is some confusion over whether mine is a e type or a g type. it looks like though with the smooth handle it could be a g i just dont know and more specifically a g4a...

1 patent number on the left side of the head makes it an E, 2 patent numbers a G. Your's has 2.

1 patent number on the left side of the head makes it an E, 2 patent numbers a G. Your's has 2.
thank you so now it is definitive its a g !!....thank you so i guess its the g4a i read about so its a rare.. Cool !!!! i bet my friend didnt realize that when he gave it to me from his antique store. he gets razors sometimes but not many people come in for them and since i showed interest in them he looks for them for me.

It's a Type G, made 1945 to 1955. There are two blue handled G's: a light blue and a dark blue. The latter is a G that was made only in 1949. It was called the 66, as it retailed for 66 cents. The picture suggest you may have the dark blue model.

The G is a moderate aggression injector razor. Experiment with the angle. I get the closest shaves if I shave at a shallow angle (pretty much riding the cap). YMMV.

The best blades are the Chinese Schick blades. They are available on Amazon, or at some independent drug stores. For some reason the large chain drug stores don't seem to carry them (at least in my experience here in California).
ok on further investigation there was a version made in 49 that became known as the G4A it was like the standard g4 "66" except where the 66 had the chrome head they had a gold head... thanks for the help..

Top Bottom