What's new

My BBQ Pit Project

I got a new toy!!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Was hoping to test it out tonight, but ended up taking the kid to urgent care. Luckily he's fine for the night.

My first welds!

proxy.php

The two on the far left are fluxcore and the rest are MIG.

The backside
proxy.php

A bit too much penetration.

Played around with tacking two pieces together.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Not sure why there was no penetration on these and why the welds are pointy on top.

I have a long way to go, but that's part of the fun!!

Increase your feed and your amps until you burn through and get a feel/balance for the arc and weld penetration. Then beat the heck out of your joints to try to get them to break and cut and grind them to see how they look on the inside. Have fun!

Tom

Bob,

That's the plan, the above literally was just 15 mins of playing around and ensuring the new to me welder worked.

Dead in the water haha. I'm a man that has too dang many hobbies!! I'm currently trying to get a boat back in the water for the summer. Most likely will be delayed on this until cooler weather.

OH a Boat!...wood or plastic? Power or sale? Centerboard or Keel??? Details man we need a thread to keep track...!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Dead in the water haha. I'm a man that has too dang many hobbies!! I'm currently trying to get a boat back in the water for the summer. Most likely will be delayed on this until cooler weather.

Can you say money pit? BBQ pit is a better return on the fun factor.

Well, it's been 6 months since my last post, and absolutely nothing has been done in that time frame haha. I got the idea over the summer to try to get my dad's old boat back in the water and that took up all my free time. That and chasing my 15 month old son around!

The weather is getting cooler, the boat is going to be winterized and I'm back in the full swing of BBQ Comps and starting to get excited about picking this project back up.

I'm hoping to burn a little wire this weekend and I will post the results!

Now if I could just dig up my drawings for what I had planned for this thing! (now thinking about making it a RF, but not set on that as I still like the simplicity of a traditional offset)

Top Bottom