What's new

Muhle Sea Buckthorn Creme - Where's the Fragrance?

I was recently given a sample of Muhle Sea Buckthorn Aftershave lotion and I fell in love with the fragrance so I bought some as well as some of the Sea Buckthorn Shaving Creme in a tub.

While the lotion I purchased has the fragrance I adore, the shaving cream is almost totally devoid of any smell. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was unscented. Even when I smell my lathered brush all I smell is the brush. Is this normal or did I get TWO bad tubs? I have never had any cream "go bad" fragrance wise despite having at least 12 in my rotation with more than a few being at least a year old.

I figured I check in with the board for similar experiences before I contact the seller for an exchange or refund.

FWIW I believe the Edward Jagger Sea Buckthorn is also made by Muhle.

Thanks in advance!

like lime ,arko is invencible, smell,price,duration,result, leather.....but the man wants always more,than,,,expensive......so....

Well I got my money back so It's not a big deal but I love the smell of the after-shave lotion which for some reason smells fantastic, (to me). I may have to seek out the EJ version because apparently the batch that Muhle has in the US is the same as what I have.

Thanks all for the input!

Well I got my money back so It's not a big deal but I love the smell of the after-shave lotion which for some reason smells fantastic, (to me). I may have to seek out the EJ version because apparently the batch that Muhle has in the US is the same as what I have.

Thanks all for the input!

That's good to hear!
Try it again in the near future - it has been one of the finest creams in my den.
Actually, the first I finished and that's quite rare because usually I prefer soaps so creams have a long shelf life in my den.

Top Bottom