MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle R41
Blade: GSB (9)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original
A/S: Davidoff Cool Water
Post Shave: Nivea Hyaluron Gel

Tonight it is MdC/Muhle Monday once again and the Original was lathered with the Kosmo, just a dream team. I decided to try out the R41 with the GSB to see if the combo had any merit. With that slick MdC lather the R41 had no problem mowing down my 24hr stubble to leave me with a BBS once again. Not bad for the ninth shave with a blade.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Moderately Mentholated Micromatic Mühle Monday

Last night’s stupendous shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna Stainless PTFE GEM (1)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
Mühle ”Large” STF 23mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower
:001_wub:
and drop of hyaluronic acid
Lather: Proraso green bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

IMG_1470.png

#AwYeah

It’s been so long since I’ve hovered a Micromatic over my whiskers, but I only got one teeny drop of blood that I had to search for with terlet paper, so definitely much easier than falling off a bike. The aftershave sting said I was overconfident, but so did the minuscule weeper, so that was uncalled for. Did not scrape up my moustache area like I normally do after a Micromatic drought, so yay!

The Mühle did what it normally does: make a great lather with minimal effort without being the star of the show. My smoov brain can only make music-related metaphors and similes when I try to describe this brush’s performance in relation to the rest of the shave. Pity that Mühle doesn’t make them at more affordable prices because more people should enjoy them.

The Proraso green was great. Very slick, slightly chilly. The scent is more complex than mere eucalyptus and menthol though they are Highly present. I think a fragrance free and a fragrance and menthol free version would be very great.

Top Bottom