What's new

Mr Bingle's 2017 Reindeer&Sleigh Gift Exchange

So, I think I know who my Bingle Buddy might be, and he really went all out to make this a personalized gift.

Inside the shipping box was this Christmas tin...

View attachment 847331

Inside the tin was a huge haul!

View attachment 847334

Clockwise from the very top:

3D printed Mr. Bingle ornament
Arko shave stick (never tried but always wanted to!)
3D printed shaving brush handle
Gold Dollar W59 Spanish Point razor (one of the things on my wish list that I wanted the most!)
DE Blade sampler
3D printed soap locker, perfectly sized for Stirling samples, with Stirling Cocoa Forest (SWMBO might want to steal that after she smelled it!)
3D printed boxes, 3 different sizes, personalized with my hanlde.

And all of the 3D printed items are hatchbox wood filament, which can be sanded and stained. My Bingle Buddy must have done some good stalking to know how much I love a good DIY project! Can't wait to throw a Maggards Synth in that brush handle!

Thank you so much, Bingle Buddy! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Holy Cow! It's the Motherload!

The Bingle Exchange Buddies just keep stepping up their game!

It's pretty wicked! I'm kind of scared a little to use it but excited at the same time! I'm assuming I'll have a little learning curve between it and a straight. Worst case, I'll get good use out of my alum block.....
I have that exact razor and it shaves like a dream! It WILL bite you if you get the angle too steep. But if you look closely, the head tapers down to where it holds the blade, and that taper gives you almost the perfect angle. If you keep that part flat on your face it is a very close shave.

Also, the razor is marketed to use half a DE blade, but it actually fits a whole blade as well.
In all honesty, after ordering the shavette and seeing it up close before shipping out the package, I've been very tempted to order one for myself. (Actually, after seeing the Bingle Buddy gift opening videos and pictures, my various AD's have begun to flare up - in a good way)

IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0086.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg
IMG_0080.jpg
Really appreciate the effort to pack and stalking me by my bingle buddy @dangerousdon , as he figured out the perfect gift for me.

I have been going through financial difficulties and couldn't buy the latest CL soap/aftershave ( or anything recently ) and thanks to Don i was able to get one. I was over the moon when i opened the boxes as the gift was beyond my expectations. Also a great card to go along with it :)

Of course i was so happy that i shaved immediately with it :a1:

View attachment 847385 View attachment 847386 View attachment 847387 View attachment 847388 Really appreciate the effort to pack and stalking me by my bingle buddy @dangerousdon , as he figured out the perfect gift for me.

I have been going through financial difficulties and couldn't buy the latest CL soap/aftershave ( or anything recently ) and thanks to Don i was able to get one. I was over the moon when i opened the boxes as the gift was beyond my expectations. Also a great card to go along with it :)

Of course i was so happy that i shaved immediately with it :a1:
So glad you enjoyed it!

@Shave Jacket I’m glad you liked your gifts. I saw that you liked and wanted the Russian tea soap so I thought I should make that happen. It’s good stuff.
The Russian tea is one meant to add to hot water. My wife made that using instant tea, orange drink mix and some spices, it’s tasty stuff.
The lavender chill is a shave soap. I was attempting to recreate The Holy Black’s soap with a similar name. While I absolutely failed to come close it is still a good lavender soap. I used a different kind of menthol, it is so mild you may not even notice it on your face but if you get some in your mouth you’ll notice it.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sorry for the delay folks. My Bingle Buddy was absolutely amazing to me this year. Took me a while to get the video uploaded. I hope you all enjoy it.

And here are the pics of my presents close up.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So, John, imatabor, thank you so much for the awesome gifts. I don’t think my expression on the video adequately shows just how much I enjoyed them.

You definitely had me going with the letter! No idea it was you until I saw the t-shirt. Quite sneaky, just as I’d expect. Thanks, I really enjoyed the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, thats monkey really grows on you, hated him while playing Bingo but now looks good :). I might get a mug myself with that monkey :001_tt2:

So here is a pic of my Bingle Bounty. I deduced that @Luecke2326 was my buddy this year, and many thanks for this well-chosen selection of soaps for shaving -- Mike's Lavender has been at the top of my to-try list! -- and body (I had recently read good things about the Dr. Squatch brand).

As I mentioned upon receipt, the scent penetrated through the box, and things are even more redolent here now that they've been unboxed.

Thanks again go to my buddy and his family in Missouri! I will be using the Mike's and one of the Squatches (TBD, but probably the Cedar Citrus) later this morning.

Great experience with both. They lived up to my hopes. My buddy was more than generous.

Just click the link.
Yeaaaaaah Buddy! It's on!

Well no gift from my Bingle Buddy yet, but the Bingle Peppermint Holiday Palooza continues from all the generous members. So far we were just under 10 lbs prior to today's delivery of this 3 inch diameter 16 inch Behemoth that has now been dubbed George.:a14::a14:

proxy.php

Dave since we are in the reveal stage of the exchange, I feel it fitting to reveal that "George", your Christmas Bat, came to you from The Amazon by order of TheVez2! Merry Christmas!

Here is an update. 42 Participants in this year's exchange. ALL PACKAGES REPORTED RECEIVED!!!!

35 Packages reported as opened with pics or videos attached. 7 videos so far this year... nice!

7 folks yet to report (unless I missed a post). The holidays are busy guys, so report when you are able, thanks! I know your Bingle Buddies are anxious to hear form you!

ParticipantReported OpenPic or Video
@*Terence*
AZBroncoYesPic
Badger babeYesPic
bobmspYesPic
CBLindsayYesPic
ccpastorkYesBoth
chaturvedi11YesPic
clyde72YesBoth
Cumberland SausageYesPic
cvargoYesBoth
dangerousdonYesPic
DocHoliday0831YesPic
Doug57YesPic
drwevilYesBoth
GrundiYesPic
@Heckle
@igasho
imataborYesVideo
JayEddieYesPic
jjking54YesPic
JMG021283YesPic
kevdogg329YesPic
KokakYesPic
Luecke2326YesPic
MaineYooperYesPic
@MarsEnglish
@meanpr
NurseDaveYesPic
Peter's coinYesPic
RealPretendPsychicYesPic
Rory1262YesPic
Runnin_UteYesPic
Shave JacketYesPic
ShaverGNYesPic
ShavingPandaYesPic
skypsydYesVideo
@sliwolf
@SoullessSingularity
sskim3YesPic
TheVez2YesBoth
WarrenBYesPic
WildWest74YesPic

Apologies for the delay in posting. Opened gifts yesterday and most of the attention was on the twins. But, my bingle buddy sent me a hat and some apple scented mustache wax! Still waiting to get some "action" shots. Thanks to my Bingle Buddy since I was running low on wax! :)
b&b.jpg

Last edited:
Belated thanks to my Bingle Buddy.

First up was a great book about the Connecticut Witch Trials. I'm a history buff and I imagine that this was a gift from my Buddy's home town. I had asked for something local, and I'm looking forward to reading it.

Second is a set of accessories to use with my Dremel tool. I will be sure to use them in the coming year as I have many projects just waiting for time.

And finally, my Buddy chose some Lucky Tiger for me. I discovered Lucky Tiger this summer while on restraint and it was on my list of final purchases for 2017 as I get make final preparations for the 2018 sabbatical. How did you know that I still needed it?

And these were in addition to a puck of Amici soap and the best present of all - a donation to a local food shelf in my name.

I couldn't ask for a better set of presents if I tried. Thanks again!

You are very welcome my friend! The book is in deed from my home state. And the donations are something that we do every year so we just doubled up this year. :)

My Bingle Buddy came thru big for me - thank you so much! The aftershave smells great!!! And I can’t wait to take these blades for a spin!

IMG_2352.JPG

Top Bottom