What's new

Most Overrated Aftershave?

Floid blue, kind of meh for me. Will have to do something with it as it's mostly full and I haven't used it in about 6-7 months.

Agreed. Floid Blue used to be the most hyped AS on this forum, though that has died down. What's really comical is how the manufacturer plays games by discontinuing it and re-introducing at at various times. No better way to gin up artificial demand.

So, hang on to your mostly-full bottle; when it's discontinued AGAIN, you'll be able to unload it for a pretty penny on the BST forum.

I am probably going to be kicked off the board for saying this but I do not like the Creed Aventus type scents (Freedberg, Platinum). There was so much hype that I was so excited for them to come out I was convinced I would love them. Instead my nose just gets a generic perfume and cannot pick up anything else. I pick up no depth or trace of pineapple. On the other hand ADP, XXX - I enjoy that scent more and more each passing month.

Floid blue, kind of meh for me. Will have to do something with it as it's mostly full and I haven't used it in about 6-7 months.

Too bad it's not the the original. You could throw menthol crystals in that and have yourself blue Floid. :laugh:

Aqua Velva. Tried it twice just to be sure I didn't get a bad batch, I didn't. Gas station men's room urinal cake. Love me some Skin Bracer though, go figure.

AV smells "cheap" to me, but I love Skin Bracer too.

Not a fan of Old Spice either.

YMMV, as usual.

I'm going to throw out another. Booster! I have been wanting to try these for years. So when placing a recent order, I threw on a couple of Booster aftershaves to bring me up to a "free shipping" total. I got Polar Ice and Mosswood. Large bottles, and a good value for the money, but.... they are very watery, have little scent (that doesn't last long), and the Polar Ice is pretty weak in the menthol department. It's a shame, because I absolutely love the scent of Booster Mosswood, however today I applied it three times, and the scent was still gone before I left the house this morning.

Anybody know of something with the same Mosswood scent that has some staying power?

pinaud clubman

once the initial nostalgia wears off, you're left in its cloud of headache fumes for the rest of the day.

i'm going to go put some on

I'm going to throw out another. Booster! I have been wanting to try these for years. So when placing a recent order, I threw on a couple of Booster aftershaves to bring me up to a "free shipping" total. I got Polar Ice and Mosswood. Large bottles, and a good value for the money, but.... they are very watery, have little scent (that doesn't last long), and the Polar Ice is pretty weak in the menthol department. It's a shame, because I absolutely love the scent of Booster Mosswood, however today I applied it three times, and the scent was still gone before I left the house this morning.

Anybody know of something with the same Mosswood scent that has some staying power?
Totally agree on the Mosswood. A very nice barbershop scent that lasts about 10 minutes.

The Veg. It just smells bad. It smells exactly like fresh warm urine hitting a cake in the urinal. I don't get it but YMMV.
For the price, tough to beat Skin Bracer. Smells nice and works great.

I'll say Shulton Old Spice. I like the smell, but it does nothing for me in terms of face feel or healing properties. Might as well be advertised as a cologne.

After much fanfare on these boards about the RazorRock XXX splash, I bought some recently. I had to stop using it after receiving death threats from my lady if I ever used it again. :behead:

I'd say original Clubman, I never liked anything with a powdery smell to it but I like many of their other products.

I'm going to have to toss the AV line up there also.

Last would be Old Spice. If I want to wear a nice spicy AS I'd choose Royall Spyce hands down.

Old Spice - OK, but never care much for it
Clubman - love the scent initially but get a headache as the day wears on
Alt Innsbruck - sweet and cloying but enjoyable as a change of pace
Aqua Velva - never liked it
Pinaud Special Reserve - the worst (nauseating even) aftershave I've ever worn (initially), but dries down to almost good
Musgo Real Agua de Colonia - can't stand it
Musgo Real Classic - great scent but heavy/sticky consistency is not what I'm looking for in an AS

Top Bottom