What's new

most "old school" scent for soap and aftershave

Well since I like to research, research more, then over research that research, so I thought what the heck lets see what the boards say and the experts have to bring to the table. I'm looking for the most "old school" basically essentially oldest products for the following two items.

Shave Soap
Aftershave

Country of origin doesn't matter, or brand, I'm not worried about reformulation, just the overall oldest products per say I guess.

Honorable mentions for Tabac soap/AS, Aqua Velva AS and Arko stick. I am sure you'll be getting lists of responses but these are among my favorite personally.

I'm not sure if it's "old school", but PdP Bergamot and Thyme soap smells exactly like my grandfather's special occasion aftershave.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think 4711 is from the late 1790's
Edit
To be technical, 4711 and Florida Water are not specifically "Aftershaves", they are EdT's and Toilet Waters.
If we're including EdT, Pinauds perfume house started in 1830.

Last edited:
Another vote for Pinaud Clubman!! That’s what the barbers used in my home town back in the day.

I suggest MWF for the soap because it is a great product that has been around for a long time.
:a29::a29:

some very interesting responses here and some good information on older products that have really stood the test of time, maybe that's what I was looking for in general.

Does anyone know how ling Pinaud Clubman has been around?

some very interesting responses here and some good information on older products that have really stood the test of time, maybe that's what I was looking for in general.

I see that the company was founded in 1810.

Just get yourself a sample of Lilac Vegetal. It's a few bucks for a 50ml. Thank us later.

Top Bottom