What's new

Most expensive straight razor in your collection and why?

Nice Boker sir...
View attachment 945792

The razor I've paid the most for is this Boker Red Injun which I purchased on eBay by bidding against other motivated fans. Some go for prices above my pocketbook. I've seen a very few sell for less than I paid. So, even though I consider it expensive I believe I got a pretty good deal.

Does it shave better than the numerous razors I paid $10 - $20 for? No, not at all better. As you can tell from the photo I use it just like I use my other razors and take care of it the same not taking any special pains to keep it shiny and polished. In real life it looks considerably better than it does in this photograph I think.

Happy shaves,

Jim

200 bucks for a first edition fili 14. Other than that one all my razors cost less than 100 bucks. As far as what one is worth, i have a few razors from the 1700s and im sure they would be worth a lot of coin to the right buyer.

Not really sure. I guess whichever one it is, isn't important. But I would say that the reason I have it is because I like it, not because of it's cost or perceived value. The reason it was purchased in the first place would be that it gave me the 'gotta have it' burn....

Not really sure. I guess whichever one it is, isn't important. But I would say that the reason I have it is because I like it, not because of it's cost or perceived value. The reason it was purchased in the first place would be that it gave me the 'gotta have it' burn....

Yes I agree to that Sir!!!

Very well put.

I have bought a few razors that I knew I could restore & flip for a much higher price - the "they don't know what they are selling" burn may be the ignoble cousin of the "I gotta have it" burn - but those were razors bought for cheap that would eventually be sold expensive (ish - I try not to overdo it).

I completely understand that feeling.

NOS EPBD...It's still on the factory edge.

screenshot_2017-01-27-12-26-37-2-jpg.719651

0207171917a-2-jpg.759705

Mine is a Tim Zowada damascus steel, I bought the blade from tim and then scaled it in ivory
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Why? Why not, it is a beautiful razor I will have forever and pass down to my son, truly a piece of art-and it was my last razor I bought to keep, I haven't bought a razor in a few years.

Mine is a Tim Zowada damascus steel, I bought the blade from tim and then scaled it in ivory
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Why? Why not, it is a beautiful razor I will have forever and pass down to my son, truly a piece of art-and it was my last razor I bought to keep, I haven't bought a razor in a few years.
Beautiful Alfredo!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've been curious about which razor that would be the master razor of the Master. Now I know and the answer didn't come as a surprise. I've been ogling Tim Zowada damascus razors for years but some things aren't meant to be.

Beautiful Alfredo!!
Thank you

I've been curious about which razor that would be the master razor of the Master. Now I know and the answer didn't come as a surprise. I've been ogling Tim Zowada damascus razors for years but some things aren't meant to be.

That is really two separate things-my most expensive razor is this one.

My favorite razor, the one I would use for the rest of my life if forced to, would be a filarmonica 14 with my name stamped on the reverse tang. My family is originally from Spain from Andalucia and Zaragoza, I don't know for sure if they were involved in the making of this razor, but it is likely

proxy.php

Top Bottom