What's new

Most comfortable blades

Out of all blades I've tried so far:

• Astra SP - my golden standard. Comfortable, forgiving, fairly sharp, best on 2nd and 3rd shaves. 1st shave is a little rougher (still very comfortable) and 4th gives me slight irritation. I've been DE shaving for little over 2 weeks now and the past week+ has been irritation free thanks to sticking with them.
  • Astra SS - less smooth than SP. Did not work very well for me. Only used one blade x 2 shaves and switched back to SP.
  • Personna Blue - feels smooth but I managed to get weepers / small cuts with every shave. Only used one blade x 3 shaves and switched back to Astra. However, that't the blade I will revisit at some point.
To add: these were all tried in Baili BE179 and Baili BD176 razors that are considered mild shavers. The performance may be different in different razors.

I am wondering, with all your experience with DE shaving, what blade you would consider to be the most comfortable how there. Being fairly new to DE shaving, I've only tried Astra SP and Feather. The Feather blades are pretty sharp but not that comfortable and the Astra are a little more comfortable/irritation free in my opinion. But I'd like to know your take on that as my skin, specifically the neck area, is prone to irritation and I'd like to try new blades!

As said many times before blade choice is very personal I tried 7 different onces and still haven't made up my mind but so far my top 3 is
1.polsilver
2. Gillette silver blue
3.Astra Sp

Top Bottom