What's new

Most comfortable blades

New here on the forum I have used only Derby (started with) and Feather blades since I started DE shaving in 2011. Feather being my blade for the last 6 years. Now I am looking for a change I have no complaint with Feather but want something more comfortable. I do not have a course or quick growing beard, my blades last me many shaves(15-20) with my EJ DE89. Which direction should I go?

For me, when I tried a Muhle it was like a whole step change in comfort and what I'd been missing all these years. Furthermore they seem to last more that some others.

A very much neglected blade on this forum IMHO.

All the various blades I use are very comfortable or I wouldn't use them. I won't go into what or why but I will say blades are probably the most ymmv part of "our thing". Look how many different ones there are as evidence.

I am wondering, with all your experience with DE shaving, what blade you would consider to be the most comfortable how there. Being fairly new to DE shaving, I've only tried Astra SP and Feather. The Feather blades are pretty sharp but not that comfortable and the Astra are a little more comfortable/irritation free in my opinion. But I'd like to know your take on that as my skin, specifically the neck area, is prone to irritation and I'd like to try new blades!

Astras are middle of the road for sharpness and cos I have thick, wiry hair, it tugs on the first shave, gets better by the 3rd shave but quickly goes down after. Most of my blades last me at least 2 weeks, Astras don't last a week.

Nacet SS, super Nacet, feathers cut wo tugging until close their demise. Super Nacets and Feathers seem to give me 20 days of more of really good shaves while the Nacet ss gives me roughly 12 great shaves.

Sorry for being long winded but comfort to me would be the closest shave, least no of passes and zero tugging. To achieve this, its a combination of a super sharp blade and a mild but effective razor. My favourite setup so far.
IMG_20190320_104004.jpg

New here on the forum I have used only Derby (started with) and Feather blades since I started DE shaving in 2011. Feather being my blade for the last 6 years. Now I am looking for a change I have no complaint with Feather but want something more comfortable. I do not have a course or quick growing beard, my blades last me many shaves(15-20) with my EJ DE89. Which direction should I go?

It's difficult to suggest anything as feathers are really sharp and comfortable to me. Nacets are 1/2 the price of a feather but lasts about 2/3. Bics and Kais are next after Nacets in terms of sharpness and according to many reviews are quite comfortable.

I tried voskhod tonight for the first time and I’m very impressed. Probably the nicest blade I’ve used so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 100 pack of "red" personnas in the blue packaging, NOT as smooth as the red pack ones IME! They appear identical, maybe lot to lot variation. Tried my firs astra sp today, NICE.

I am wondering, with all your experience with DE shaving, what blade you would consider to be the most comfortable how there. Being fairly new to DE shaving, I've only tried Astra SP and Feather. The Feather blades are pretty sharp but not that comfortable and the Astra are a little more comfortable/irritation free in my opinion. But I'd like to know your take on that as my skin, specifically the neck area, is prone to irritation and I'd like to try new blades!

The most comfortable blade for me, is Shark Super Chrome.

Threads like this is practically meaningless, because you will get almost as many answers as there are different blades out there :)
For myself, I have tried and own a lot different blades. Two weeks ago I revisited a blade that most in here hate, the Derby Extra. I must say, it's a darn comfortable blade, gives no irritation on my sensitive neck area. I really don't understand why Derby is so disliked for. It's obviously not as sharp as a Feather, but it has no problem to cut my three days of medium whiskers. Won't get as close shaves as other sharper blades, but at least a DFS.

Try a pack of those is my advice. Very cheap, you will get a lifetime supply of them for not much at all.

Two weeks ago I revisited a blade that most in here hate, the Derby Extra. I must say, it's a darn comfortable blade, gives no irritation on my sensitive neck area. I really don't understand why Derby is so disliked for.
+1
I used it at the FFFMM, 11 good shaves with 1 blade.

I hate to say this, because I probably have a dozen tucks of Astra SP that I bought when it was my favorite blade, but lately my nod for most comfortable is going to Gillette Super Blue. Which should be practically the same thing; they're made in the same factory presumably from the same materials on the same equipment. But I've had two GSB blades lately that gave effortless, smooth-gliding shaves and left nary a weeper. And lasted three shaves of four passes plus spot touchups. Silver Blue is rapidly becoming my favorite. (This is all in a pre-war Tech, btw.)

I have several but I guess the top two by a small margin are NOS Personna 74s and Wilkinson Light Brigades. Close behind are several more NOS models.

Blades are always a personal choice. But the general consensus is the astra and gillette blades tend to agree with most people. They are less polarizing than brands like derby.

Top Bottom