What's new

Mods, Please read: Avatar nickname complaint

You took liberty to go to Tijuana? I heard you navy guys preferred to stay on the ship because the "entertainment" was better. It must have taken a pretty boring sea tour to lure you into the mexican entertainment capitol.:tongue_sm

Is it still true that a senior Air Force NCO and a painted jackass have the same number of stripes? I was told this once, while on Liberty (Navy) and visiting Tijuana.

Maybe "Pain-ted ***" would be a good one.

If you complain a lot, they often give you a custom title...much as they did for me.

But you can PM Ouch, for instance, and complain. He's a pushover, and will probably give you whatever title you want-- Lieutenant.

M

modern man

You took liberty to go to Tijuana? I heard you navy guys preferred to stay on the ship because the "entertainment" was better. It must have taken a pretty boring sea tour to lure you into the mexican entertainment capitol.:tongue_sm

Liberty in TJ dose sound odd, more like what them shore duty fellas do.

Also, I like the avatar. I haven't seen that in probably 20+ years. Is it Ultraman?

Speaking of great avatars, I really like yours, Limey.

Gilligan's Island was just the best sitcom of all time. TV has just been going downhill ever since it went off the air.

Hell no! I was stationed on dry land in San Diego! Wanted to buy a genuine leather coat for 20.00 and a couple of blankets...seems to me I might have bought a couple of gallons of Ever-Clear...but I don't exactly remember...:lol::lol::lol:

Salute!

Hey Mods...just noticed that I am now a "1st Lt of Free Samples." However, Since I am a MSgt on Active Duty (USAF), I am sure you understand why I might find this particular nickname somewhat offensive. I sure would appreciate some "nickname adjustment.":biggrin:

Thanks

No - I have no idea why this is offensive. because of your job, the use of any military term is 'sacrosanct' and cannot be used in a humorous way?

Dude - get over it, and lighten up.

No - I have no idea why this is offensive. because of your job, the use of any military term is 'sacrosanct' and cannot be used in a humorous way?

Dude - get over it, and lighten up.

I'll handle this one, Gunnar--- it's not the term-- it's the RANK...being a Lieutenant is about the worst possible thing to be-- but it's the best "excuse" for why things go wrong in the military.

"The Lieutenant was in charge of that detail, sir."

"The Lieutenant was supposed to have arranged for the transportation/meal/lodging, etc."

"The Lieutenant read the coordinates to us over the phone...I can't imagine how we got here."

"The Lieutenant pushed the wrong button."

Are you saying that you work for a living?

Reminds me of my favorite aircraft squawk/signoff. It was a Navy exchange.

The pilot had written up: "relief tube too short."

The mechanic signed off: "checks OK by enlisted personnel."

I'll handle this one, Gunnar--- it's not the term-- it's the RANK...being a Lieutenant is about the worst possible thing to be-- but it's the best "excuse" for why things go wrong in the military.
Sounds like a good incentive to post a bit more and get a new title ;)

"The Lieutenant was supposed to have arranged for the transportation/meal/lodging, etc."

"The Lieutenant read the coordinates to us over the phone...I can't imagine how we got here."

My APOLOGIES to everyone here.... I am a hard-core 'peacenik' and I thought it was somehow about the whole military thing and Iraq etc...I jumped the gun and made an incorrect assumption:blushing: my bad

..... I guess I will be a Lieutenant for a while... :001_smile

Ahhhh, so the Lieutenant is the army's version of the PFY.... :biggrin:

I think we're successfully working toward a hijacking of this thread.

Good job, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines (those of the latter who can read).

Top Bottom