What's new

Mods, Please read: Avatar nickname complaint

Hey Mods...just noticed that I am now a "1st Lt of Free Samples." However, Since I am a MSgt on Active Duty (USAF), I am sure you understand why I might find this particular nickname somewhat offensive. I sure would appreciate some "nickname adjustment.":biggrin:

Thanks

Hey Mods...just noticed that I am now a "1st Lt of Free Samples." However, Since I am a MSgt on Active Duty (USAF), I am sure you understand why I might find this particular nickname somewhat offensive. I sure would appreciate some "nickname adjustment.":biggrin:

Thanks

Are you saying that you work for a living?:biggrin:

Thanks

Jumping rank ah???..............:lol:

There are two ways to get it to change, post some more- or say something truly embarrassing or memorable. Good luck!

M

modern man

Thanks

Are you saying an E7 is better then an O2. Surely you jest. :lol:

Its Air Force, you call each other Bob and Jim anyway.

LOL...Thanks for all of the posts of support. Just trying to make sure my hard work is at least acknowledged. Not trying to say all of our fine 1st Lieutenants don't work, but the promotion rate for MSgt the year I was promoted was 25%...same year for 1Lt was about 99 point something percent. Mathematically, I figure I worked about 74% harder...:biggrin:

LOL...Thanks for all of the posts of support. Just trying to make sure my hard work is at least acknowledged. Not trying to say all of our fine 1st Lieutenants don't work, but the promotion rate for MSgt the year I was promoted was 25%...same year for 1Lt was about 99 point something percent. Mathematically, I figure I worked about 74% harder...:biggrin:

And I am sure that no one here is belittling your service. On the contrary, I bet if someone does, half of the forum will be ready to kick his ***. We recognise it and respect it (The Active duty tag is a nice gesture from the mods). However, this something completely different. You have to work hard, in a different field, to get your tags to change. I think it is important to make that distinction, just so everybody understands that we at B&B respect military ranks. I do not know, but I see how it soon could get problematic for the mods to change the tags depending on peoples rank or degree.

I'm sure a mod can make you a MSgt of free samples or something like that.

Also, I like the avatar. I haven't seen that in probably 20+ years. Is it Ultraman?

That is awesome. I never thought of it that way. I was active army in the 80's and got back in the guard last year. They wanted me to go to OCS (I'm an E4 now) but I'm holding out for a Warrant Officer position (you guys don't have them in the chair force :001_smile, but you should-- more pay and less crap you have to take).

Well, 1LT IS automatic unless you jack something up real good. At least it is in the Army, dunno about those flying people.

Is it still true that a senior Air Force NCO and a painted jackass have the same number of stripes? I was told this once, while on Liberty (Navy) and visiting Tijuana.

Maybe "Pain-ted ***" would be a good one.

If you complain a lot, they often give you a custom title...much as they did for me.

But you can PM Ouch, for instance, and complain. He's a pushover, and will probably give you whatever title you want-- Lieutenant.

Top Bottom