What's new

Missouri Meerschaum Modification Exhibition (CobMod 2018)

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Looks great! What size bit are you using to to redrill for the stem? What kinda of putty?
Thanks. I use standard MM stems so no need to redrill. DAP plastic wood filler, although I have used plaster in the past. The stain is Fiebings leather dye.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I use standard MM stems so no need to redrill. DAP plastic wood filler, although I have used plaster in the past. The stain is Fiebings leather dye.

Cool! Did you shorten the shank on the stummel side?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
proxy.php

Mike H

Instagram Famous
My last cob for the year. A Mark Twain with a stub oak shank and copper ferrule. Applied a little dremel rustication to the sides and top. Golden rod forever stem did not match the dark brown dye, so I sanded it down and gave it a wash in ocher water color paint and buff with beeswax. My favorite of all the mods I've done. Wish you guys would have joined me.[emoji22] It was a lot of fun.
More pics tomorrow when the sun is out.
proxy.php

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My last cob for the year. A Mark Twain with a stub oak shank and copper ferrule. Applied a little dremel rustication to the sides and top. Golden rod forever stem did not match the dark brown dye, so I sanded it down and gave it a wash in ocher water color paint and buff with beeswax. My favorite of all the mods I've done. Wish you guys would have joined me.[emoji22] It was a lot of fun.
proxy.php

I can't wait to see it tomorrow!

proxy.php

Very cool!

proxy.php

That is great, Mike. Looks like your best work to me as well.

I havent forgotten...I still have a cob mod kit from Aristocob in a box I apparently havent unpacked yet.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Heck, I still have 3 pipe carving kits from the carve your one pipe contest several years ago. I figure if I get around to modding a cob by the end of 2020, I’ll still be ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck, I still have 3 pipe carving kits from the carve your one pipe contest several years ago.
Ooh...let's not mention that, shall we? Pretty sure I have a fair-sized group of briar blocks in various states of ruin from that very same fiasco.

Heck, I still have 3 pipe carving kits from the carve your one pipe contest several years ago. I figure if I get around to modding a cob by the end of 2020, I’ll still be ahead.

Ooh...let's not mention that, shall we? Pretty sure I have a fair-sized group of briar blocks in various states of ruin from that very same fiasco.

Oooof... I don't even remember where I put those blocks. I also bought three, and I think I got as far as blindly marking one up with a pencil.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Just when I said I was done ... Tommy Tutone sends me a handful of cobs. Thanks again!

The small pipe is a Mizzou I sanded, stained and re-sanded. Carnuba wax polish. I had an a short stem also, so now its convertable. This pipe uses the smaller non filter bits. Also inserted a hard wood plug.

The larger pipe is unknown. It looks like a natural 5th Ave. But I don't see it on the website. It might be a Missouri Pride but seems taller. I used a very small bur bit and rusticated the top and the shank and shortened the shank a bit. Switched out amber for black bit.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom