What's new

Missouri Meerschaum Modification Exhibition (CobMod 2018)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A work in progress. Reverse calabash.
proxy.php

Man... the others have been cool, but you're hitting this one out of the park! Very creative, Mike!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Things are moving along...

Hard wood plug installed. Finish and fitted the shank / Glued and putty-ed. Now to let it dry.

proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
So here is my last one. I think it turned out ok. A reverse calabash cob made from 2 Missouri Meerschaum seconds (Legends). The bottom plug was oak, and the tenon is Morta. The stem is vulcanite I robbed off an old pipe.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

So here is my last one. I think it turned out ok. A reverse calabash cob made from 2 Missouri Meerschaum seconds (Legends). The bottom plug was oak, and the tenon is Morta. The stem is vulcanite I robbed off an old pipe.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

It looks great!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Man, that's cool, Mike.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

You have just created the most awesome cob ever.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I decided to mod it. I call it the aristo-cane.
proxy.php

I dropped the aristo-cane pipe and the bowl came off. It was just glued on. I decided I like it better as a Cutty, so I removed the side plug and inserted a stem from one of the legends. Also got a new forever stem nose warmer. Filled in the bottom hole I made for the cane, and stained it all. IMO, it turned out nicer than the original little devil cutty.

proxy.php

I dropped the aristo-cane pipe and the bowl came off. It was just glued on. I decided I like it better as a Cutty, so I removed the side plug and inserted a stem from one of the legends. Also got a new forever stem nose warmer. Filled in the bottom hole I made for the cane, and stained it all. IMO, it turned out nicer than the original little devil cutty.

proxy.php
Looks great!

Any luck?
Dogs got the Hungarian, need to sand the RC down and stain it . Then form a plug and git a stem.

Been working six days and trying to be social on the seventh (or asleep) so the MM projects have been on hold. Then there is regular house stuff, wife going through finals and working OT as well. It'll happen sometime soon.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Bueller...
Bueller...
Bueller...

I decided I needed the stem back for the pipe I stole it from and picked up a danish stem off eBay. Fitted a cork stopper and stained it. I think it still looks pretty good.

And yes, another batch of clays in progress.
proxy.php

Bueller...
Bueller...
Bueller...

I decided I needed the stem back for the pipe I stole it from and picked up a danish stem off eBay. Fitted a cork stopper and stained it. I think it still looks pretty good.

And yes, another batch of clays in progress.
proxy.php

Still looks sweet! Those clays look awesome as well :thumbup:

Mike H

Instagram Famous
A MM second Country Gentleman. I made it a little skinnier and shortened the shank by 1/4 inch. Installed a danish stem. Filled the outside with putty to fill in some holes, sanded, stained and resanded the pipe then buffed with carnuba.
proxy.php

A MM second Country Gentleman. I made it a little skinnier and shortened the shank by 1/4 inch. Installed a danish stem. Filled the outside with putty to fill in some holes, sanded, stained and resanded the pipe then buffed with carnuba.
proxy.php

Looks great! What size bit are you using to to redrill for the stem? What kinda of putty?

Top Bottom