What's new

Micromatic metal?

Anyone know what the GEM Micromatic razors are made from? Brass, pot metal, etc.?

This would include the Micromatic Open Comb, Bullet Tip, Clog Pruf, etc.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
+1, brass base metal with usually Chrome coatings, 1930-32 Micromatic open comb at lot of them where just brass and button less because the new Micromatic double edge blades where not introduced yet. Also the 1945 Clog Pruf (peerless 17 nib Safety bar variant) was just brass also.

Last edited:
+1, brass base metal with usually Chrome coatings, 1930-32 Micromatic open comb at lot of them where just brass and button less because the new Micromatic double edge blades where not introduced yet. Also the 1945 Clog Pruf (peerless 17 nib Safety bar variant) was just brass also.
Some were also gold plated.

thanks all! Was curious to know since I'm considering having my bullet tip Micromatic closed comb replated by Back Roads Gold and Chris thought they were made of pot metal.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
thanks all! Was curious to know since I'm considering having my bullet tip Micromatic closed comb replated by Back Roads Gold and Chris thought they were made of pot metal.
He will not do the job if he feels it will cross contaminate his coating solution I read somewhere on another thread.
You can buy this one on E-bay for $29.00
(Photo below is a total brass bullet tip.)
Brass bullet tip.png

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom