What's new

"Micro Touch One" DE Seen At Local Megamart

My wife and I were shopping at the local "Wally World" this evening when we came across this:

$sfE625K.jpg

I "took one for the team" and bought one to see if it is the same razor that is available online/mailorder (see THIS thread). My initial impression is yes, it appears to be the same: the razor is the same weight and the blades that come with it are the same Dorco ST300's that come with the mailorder version. It doesn't come with a travel case but it does include a razor stand.

$IMG_20131211_190001_767.jpg

this may be why you had to wait so long, putting together enough inventory for wally world must have taken its toll on their usual orders

Looks like a decent razor, at least it is brass underneath the plating, wonder how well they will do...It is always nice to have local options.

[SIZE=]Doesn't look bad, maybe a little generic. If you would, post a shave report once you've had a few days with it.
At this price point, I am guessing a Maggard would be a better choice.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
They're selling a DE, yet they don't sell DE blades anymore?

I avoid Wally World like the plague (because of the crowds, not as a commentary of their business practices), but I might have to check this out when I pass by one.

Great news to see that a DE razor made it to a (big) brick & mortar store!

But I am a bit afraid that people who give it a try as their first DE razor will think DE shaving would be inferior when tugging across their stubbles that Dorco ST 300 blade...

If it's the same as the Weishi 9306, it is a decent razor. If it's the same as one of the other Weishi's, you will probably be displeased. As others have commented, you can get a comparable or better razor by itself for less, but the stand by itself would probably cost about as much as the combo. Let us know how you make out. "Enquiring minds want to know..." :biggrin1:

Mantic, was this the Bryan store? I just came back from the College Station store and was unable to find it. If so, I'll go after work and pick one up. I don't need another razor (ask my wife!) but I'm going to support any mainstream retail effort to advance traditional wet shaving products.

Mantic, was this the Bryan store? I just came back from the College Station store and was unable to find it. If so, I'll go after work and pick one up. I don't need another razor (ask my wife!) but I'm going to support any mainstream retail effort to advance traditional wet shaving products.
Yes, the store on Briarcrest next to Lowes.

OK, thanks! I have one in my hands now! A very cursory comparison between it and a 1965 Superspeed:
To me, the Micro Touch feels slighly heavier.
The silo door material thickness appears very close-and considerably thicker than the later black handle Gillettes.
The chrome plating looks great.
Opening & closing is smooth, with a slight squeaking much like many black handled Gillettes tha I've handled. Nothing major.

I'll give it a whirl in the morning.

OK, thanks! I have one in my hands now! A very cursory comparison between it and a 1965 Superspeed:
To me, the Micro Touch feels slighly heavier.
The silo door material thickness appears very close-and considerably thicker than the later black handle Gillettes.
The chrome plating looks great.
Opening & closing is smooth, with a slight squeaking much like many black handled Gillettes tha I've handled. Nothing major.

I'll give it a whirl in the morning.

Sounds to me like Weishi 9306, in which case it should serve you well. That's what I use as my travel razor.

Doesn't look bad, maybe a little generic. If you would, post a shave report once you've had a few days with it.
At this price point, I am guessing a Maggard would be a better choice.
+1 The Maggard over the Micro Touch (which is a Wieshi) is a no-brainer.

Interesting thread, Thank You.

How Ironic.....Wallyworld (which, I ain't knockin') Stops selling DE blades, just before they start selling a DE razor.

:gun_bandana:..............................................................................................:taz:

Top Bottom