What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

Delayed acquisition but this has been my first summer owning a grill and been loving it. Weber Genesis Special edition.
The wife is hooked on the cedar plank salmon. I got a Meater thermometer a couple months ago and really like it so far and use it often when grilling (Can see the probe in one of the pieces of fish).

So many new kitchen gadgets this year (wedding registry lol) it’s been a good time for cookin.

1628708079326.jpeg

1628707588413.jpeg

Simon 1 I wish I lived closer to you, where you could give me some pointers. But , everything looks great. And again thank you for the link. Oh by the way as I type this I have 6 chicken thights in mushroom soup cooking now.

After years of discussion, we decided that we would probably use the grinder attachment for the Kitchen Aid. Of course, when we got to Bed, Bath and Beyond, it was out of stock. The sticker on the shelf indicated a price well above $50. I was on a totally unrelated trip to WalMart (my wife refuses to go there but will send me) and looking for something when I found this for $39. Sometimes you just get lucky.
61E08139-C254-49C4-AEA4-6035805E25DB.jpeg

Best advice I can offer on grinding meat: make sure the meat and even the grinder itself are as cold as possible. My first experiences with meat grinding with a KitchenAid grinder attachment went poorly because I didn't know the meat should be very cold, even slightly frozen.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
After years of discussion, we decided that we would probably use the grinder attachment for the Kitchen Aid. Of course, when we got to Bed, Bath and Beyond, it was out of stock. The sticker on the shelf indicated a price well above $50. I was on a totally unrelated trip to WalMart (my wife refuses to go there but will send me) and looking for something when I found this for $39. Sometimes you just get lucky.
View attachment 1333773
We’re gonna need to see those sausages.

Best advice I can offer on grinding meat: make sure the meat and even the grinder itself are as cold as possible. My first experiences with meat grinding with a KitchenAid grinder attachment went poorly because I didn't know the meat should be very cold, even slightly frozen.
Great advice ! Thanks! See the lunch thread.

I’ve got a matching 22.5” kettle that turns out amazing meats. My daughters have been pimping it out for me (side shelves, cast iron cooking grate, etc).

On the smoker, I put a gasket kit on the charcoal access door and have a whole new wish list for my girls to shop from.

Top Bottom