What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

Today I stopped by Blu Skillet and picked up a couple pans that I had ordered. While I was getting the tour I somehow could not put down the 9" gratin so I added that to the stash I took home. Pictured is a 10" french skillet, 9" gratin, and a 9" fry.
PXL_20200926_030136147.jpg

The 9" french skillet and calphalon in the back ... are not new. If you are able to acquire one of these pans I recommend that you should try to pick it up in person if possible just so you can meet the person that made your pan and get a tour of their shop.

Ive seen this brand at the market and always passed it by. I decided to give it a go on a whim. I found a new favorite. Very smooth and has a nice flavor. Perfect for a schemer on a tostada. Even my wife who will tolerate beans but usually will pass liked them. So much so she bought two more cans when she saw them shopping.

BD8A1A7D-4611-4D9B-B704-E71BDE295138.jpeg

Having good ingredient ketchup for my eggs is a godsend. Primal Kitchen once again comes to the rescue (like they did with avocado oil mayo). I get a couple bottles every time I shop.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I dropped the top half of my Bialetti moka pot, and now the bottom is out of round and won’t screw down properly. Picked this up at World Market. It will have to hold until I order a new Bialetti (they use thicker aluminum).

1B3F9244-CFC6-4E4F-889E-A693A78EAFFF.jpeg

New utensil.
My old one was a hard plastic 3 tined fork, i used for every thing.
Scrambled egg, fr rice, stirring stew, mixing thing in pans on stove.
After 10 yrs or more 1 tine broke off, but i still used it.
Couldn’t find a replacement.
However for xmas i was given a norpRo jumbo friskie,
And it works good, hard plastic great for stirring spagetti and everything else. I hated those soft plastic stuff.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I picked up a Kamado Joe Classic while at Lowe's looking for lightbulbs today, they had a floor model out that was missing a couple pieces of hardware but I couldn't say no to the price (when I asked the floor manager about if they stock replacement parts, she said no and let me have it for $100!).
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with refurbing these or buying replacement parts? Seems like there's a couple sites that stock parts in addition to from KJ direct, wasn't sure if anyone might have any recommendations from past dealings.
IMG_4141.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I picked up a Kamado Joe Classic while at Lowe's looking for lightbulbs today, they had a floor model out that was missing a couple pieces of hardware but I couldn't say no to the price (when I asked the floor manager about if they stock replacement parts, she said no and let me have it for $100!).
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with refurbing these or buying replacement parts? Seems like there's a couple sites that stock parts in addition to from KJ direct, wasn't sure if anyone might have any recommendations from past dealings.
View attachment 1204321
$100? Did you then go buy a lottery ticket? Dang.

Top Bottom