What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The wife picked these up today. They are light weight, which will be good for her, and they're not Teflon.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 119
My parents bought me a copy of The Medieval Cookbook for Christmas. Gotta say the recipes in here are for more inventive than modern English fare! Looking forward to trying some out and I've already made Lombardy turkey pasties.. Delicious

I've never seen one of those grill lights, but I may have to look into them. I'm always grilling in the dark and holding a flashlight or using a headlamp.

Here are my Christmas goodies...a new Apron too, but I forgot to snap a pic (maybe later).

16x18x2" Canadian Maple End Grain (Made in Canada of course) Chopping block with feet...and yes, I know we have to lower our stove a bit, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet:
$IMG_0090.jpg

Flamen' BBQ Gloves with extra long cuffs:
$IMG_0094.jpg

A couple small lodge items. A sauce pan with feet and a small fry pan to be used as a spoon rest:
$IMG_0095.jpg

CM Scrubber for cast iron:
$IMG_0096.jpg

Mason Jar attachment for using S&P or S&Spice
$IMG_0098.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Great chopping board there chef Bruce. She will be used for years. The little Lodge pan with the extra large pouring spout is something I would use. Good haul.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Tonight was the maiden voyage with this. It really is a beast! Looks like it might be interesting to sharpen, but wow did this ever make it easy to break down the chicken!

It's a chicken breaking machine, isn't it?

A few Christmas gifts... guess I am appreciated in the kitchen after all!

proxy.php

And after 45 years my grandmothers mixer died... I am going to fix it but in the interim it was time to upgrade.

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A few Christmas gifts... guess I am appreciated in the kitchen after all!

proxy.php

And after 45 years my grandmothers mixer died... I am going to fix it but in the interim it was time to upgrade.

proxy.php

Last year, my stepmother wanted a KitchenAid mixer. My father had bought a new one and hadn't given it to her yet, but he found 40 or so year old one at a garage sale up the street from me, and he gave that to her as a gag (before he gave her the new one). They both report that the old one is still running strong.

Top Bottom