What's new

Merkur Razor, Which One?

The Vision is good for me - gives great shaves every time. Guess I'm lucky that mine has not been affected by the sorts of problems others have reported.

Got a "Mergress" on order!!:biggrin1:

HD doesn't do it for me. Have only been using DE for a couple of weeks but am not impressed with this one. Have some others (Gillettes) to try, but may try a different blade in the HD first (am just using the Merkur blades that came with the razor at the moment). My beard is pretty coarse though.

You will notice a huge difference in shave quality between different kinds of blades. I would definitely try the other types of blades before giving up on the HD. My personal favorites are Feathers, closely followed by IPs. YMMV.

HD doesn't do it for me. Have only been using DE for a couple of weeks but am not impressed with this one. Have some others (Gillettes) to try, but may try a different blade in the HD first (am just using the Merkur blades that came with the razor at the moment). My beard is pretty coarse though.

Hiya Scarlatti,

I remember the days, albeit 7 months ago now, when I so badly wanted to blame the razor. In the end, it was my technique.

The one thing I have to say about shaving with a DE: Every day is a new adventure. :biggrin: But seriously, I could never go back.

Top Bottom