What's new

Merkur Progress Adjustable - Slippage Concerns

Was looking at a post about the Merkur Progress which keyed on a slippage issue when set to a number
above 1 , namely 2 in this case - is that a fairly common issue or an outlier ?

Was looking at a post about the Merkur Progress which keyed on a slippage issue when set to a number
above 1 , namely 2 in this case - is that a fairly common issue or an outlier ?
I’ve used it in 2, 3, etc. Never had an issue. Just remember to hold it with dry hands, as you should do with any razor

My pinky is my smartest digit, it stays on the base cap and makes this a wonderful razor for my face. I typically do not like polished handles yet the Progress delivers. Great luck with it sir!

If you are concerned about the smooth handle on the Progress, you might consider the Parker Variant. It's a copy of the Progress design but with (IMO) a better and knurled handle.

From the original post, the "slippage" is referring to the settings, not the handle grip. I would say, of course it's not common to have non-handle slippage. Quality control would have more to do with the possibly a rough spot under the plating, typically within the head assembly, or a lack of plating in the internal/hidden parts. I have once seen a malformed top cap causing uneven blade exposure. As far as the settings you should be able to spin it around twice, 5+5, and it should still hold tight.

Top Bottom