What's new

Merkur HD straight vs comb

I have a HD with a straight bar and was wondering if I would see any difference with the comb version. I have owned a slant and it was to aggressive for my liking.

Personally, I like the comb.
I have an HD and Slant. I find the HD a tad unagressive, but the slant a bit too aggressive on my neck area.
For me the comb is "just right" - just a little more aggressive then the HD, but not nearly as aggressive as the slant.

Personally, I like the comb.
I have an HD and Slant. I find the HD a tad unagressive, but the slant a bit too aggressive on my neck area.
For me the comb is "just right" - just a little more aggressive then the HD, but not nearly as aggressive as the slant.
Sorta like "the 3 bears" analogy!

Wayne

The HD comb is very different than the slant. It's certainly much more aggressive than the straight bar. I find it in some ways more aggressive than the slant.

But there really is only one way for you to find out you know... you'll just have to buy one.

And really, I suspect that it won't be an expensive experiment if it doesn't work out, you can always sell the one you don't want here.

Funny how different people give such a variety of opinions.
For me the straight bar is just too mild, I can use it and it gives a decent shave but it is just not my thing. The slant is great but it needs much more attention because carelessness may get messy.The open comb is in the merkur range for me the best of both worlds; very forgiving and it still works great.Nothing to be afraid of anyway and certainly worth a try IMO.

OK. You guys talked me into it,I'm on the hunt for an open comb HD. Thanks for supporting my RAD.

Yes, thanks so much. I feel I am missing out on something now. Right under the jaw is my problem area. maybe a comb style razor is what is needed.

I called Lee at Leesrazors and he's got an open comb HD on the way to me. He has the best price I could find, $35 plus free shipping for B&B members.

Top Bottom