What's new

Memorial Day PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in, but I agree with the significance of Memorial Day and the tribute to those who serve or have served. My heroes.

I'm I a left wing guy in a left wing city, but I doubt anyone respects rank-and-file military personnel more than I. In the aftermath of our military entry into Afghanistan and Iraq, I announced to our company that our annual charitable holiday donation would be made to a non-profit supporting families whose breadwinner was engaged in the overseas conflict. I caught a lot of flak for "supporting the war" from my colleagues. I then spent a lot of time explaining the difference between supporting the families and supporting the politics. Time well spent.

i hope I'm not offending anyone, or violating the rules. Our public servants in the military preserve the freedoms for left-wingers to believe what they do, and we left-wingers must appreciate their sacrifice. I know I do.

I'm in.
My dad was AirForce and my uncle(his brother) was Navy. My dad lost his older brother when dad was 19 and brother was 20. Dad had to be discharged because he was sole surviving son and grandpa had MS so dad had to take care of the family. He doesn't say much about it but as he gets older you can see it makes him sad because they grew up poor and his brother was his best friend.But like most older guys he's probably way tougher than most of us will ever be.

Thanks and thanks to all that serve our country!

Very genreous offer. I'm in as I'm a veteran and have some friends who lost a lot more than I did during their service to our great nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom