What's new

Medical Prep Personna

can anyone tell me where i can order a sample pack of this? site link will be helpful
found them on west coast shaving and they have 100 blades pack.seeing such good reviews really want to try this one

You can get them here. Ten for $4. They carry both kinds (meds and labs) I have been told.

You can get them here. Ten for $4. They carry both kinds (meds and labs) I have been told.

thanks a lot.The site is loading very slow,unusually slow when i click on a particular blade.waiting to order :001_tongu
thanks again

getting site offline ,it happened last week also when i tried to check the site.

Last edited:
^^^ trying for the last half half hr,same site offline.All other sites working fine for me.Is anyone else also facing this same problem

edit-finally went to the checkout,but india is not supported there.Cant even pay,since my billing address will be india,even if i get it shipped to a US address.

so back to same question,any other place where i can order a sample of this?

Last edited:
^^^ trying for the last half half hr,same site offline.All other sites working fine for me.Is anyone else also facing this same problem

edit-finally went to the checkout,but india is not supported there.Cant even pay,since my billing address will be india,even if i get it shipped to a US address.

so back to same question,any other place where i can order a sample of this?

Yes, the error message I got is that the site is temporarily off line. Before that it was VERY slow.

Yes, the error message I got is that the site is temporarily off line. Before that it was VERY slow.

but yea i cant order from there,since they dont even have my country india in the billing address.
Still hoping for some other link from where i can get a sample pack

I don't get all the fuss over these blades. I tried a couple of them a long time ago and didn't really like them. After all this praise I decided I needed to try them again, so I ordered some from razorbladesandmore.

To me, these blades are indistinguishable from a Bic Chrome Platinum blade. About the same sharpness, maybe a tiny bit less smooth. In a blind test I don't think I could tell the two blades apart. Nothing special, as far as I am concerned. I really wanted these to work, but they just don't (for me).

Just a quick post to let Jim know that I did pull the trigger on the 100ct box of these blades. I ordered from Robbins and they shipped very quick and arrived with candies and an ink pen to boot! I am still very impressed with these blades and they have edged out Feather as my go-to blade. While I haven't been able to stretch each blade for 6/7 shaves like Jim, 3 shaves seems to be the magic number for me. Thanks again Jim for the test blades!

Just completed testing a Personna RP a Crystal (Personna IP) and a Med. The RP and IP were close to each other both in terms of closeness and smoothness. Both are good solid blades. But the Med was far superior for me. The shaves were all closer than any of the shaves with the RP and IP, and with less burn from alum and a/s than with the RP and IP. Just got one of my best shaves ever yesterday using my EJ DE89, Coates Limited and the Med (3rd shave on it).

The Med Prep was my go to blade until I tried a Perma-Sharps and PoliSilvers, now they are #3 followed by the Crystals.

The Med Prep was my go to blade until I tried a Perma-Sharps and PoliSilvers, now they are #3 followed by the Crystals.

Perms are my favorites. But these shaves from the Med were pretty darn good too. Perms, 7 Yellows and Blues and Meds are the four blades I like a lot and have bought in some quantity. I also have 100 Astras that I like, but not quite as much as those other four.

Have had a little over a weeks worth of daily shaves with the Med preps and I've been very impressed. I've used red pack personnas for the majority of my shaves over the past five years. They are very smooth but lack a little bit in sharpness for me and recently I have noticed a little tugging while shaving. Feathers are great but just too much blade for my face. Very close shave but too much irritation.

The med preps are just the right balance. Smooth with very little irritation like the red packs but closeness that rivals the Feather. I've tried them in my EJ89, Ikon Modern and Futur. I like them the best in my Futur set at 4.

I don't get all the fuss over these blades. I tried a couple of them a long time ago and didn't really like them. After all this praise I decided I needed to try them again, so I ordered some from razorbladesandmore.

To me, these blades are indistinguishable from a Bic Chrome Platinum blade. About the same sharpness, maybe a tiny bit less smooth. In a blind test I don't think I could tell the two blades apart. Nothing special, as far as I am concerned. I really wanted these to work, but they just don't (for me).

I've never tried the BIC blades but I had the same underwhelming experience with the Med/Lab Personna's. I have a few Med's left and I'll try again because it's a blade that so frequently is praised by experiened DE shavers that I keep thinking my opinion will change. Actually, none of the Personna blades have been strong performers for me. Lately I'm rocking rocking Perma-sharp Supers, Iridium Supers, with Feathers also being a frequent choice.

Hello guys! Quick questions on these blades.

You guys are looking for the double edge blade ones, right? Now questions is: Steril or Non-Steril.

Huge price difference between them.

I think i may have a picture of them. I will post later.

David

^
Right! That is my question also. The price is virtually double (Med vs. Lab). Is it worth going Med over Lab? I would appreciate any feedback. ty

Only your face can give you the best answer. For me, the Med Preps are worth the extra cost, the Lab Blue blades are horrible.

^
Right! That is my question also. The price is virtually double (Med vs. Lab). Is it worth going Med over Lab? I would appreciate any feedback. ty

Neither the Meds nor the Labs are sterile. The Meds have a final wash that the Labs do not get according to the manufacturer. But neither are packaged in individual sealed packaging and autoclaved like sterile bandages. Doing that would probably result in a 20x instead of a 2x price difference.

I don't think they're worth it, but YMMV.

The Med Preps seem a little better to me than the Labs, but neither overwhelmed me.

Gillette Blacks and Silver Blues both worked better for me.

I did find that the Personnas seemed to do better for me in my Slim than in any of my other razors.

Top Bottom