What's new

Medical Grade Personna Blades

It's tempting... if the reviews are correct then these might be the last decent US-made blades. I did a little hunting around, and the link from MrPiper seems to be the best price available for these prep blades. Shipping is a little over $9 to my zip code - so it's about $0.34/blade, all told.

Well my ratings might be way off since all I have to compare too are Dorco 300 (bad) and Vincents (should be illegal). Price is hard for me to judge, the Dorcos were 10 for 1.25 and the Vincents were 5 for 2.50 with the Personnas being .25 per blade. And I do mean per blade, the beauty shop where I found them sold them individually (will try to negotiate a per box price). Sharpness and smoothness were good, again in relation to the dorcs and vincents. Longevity...three shaves and out the door for me, they might have gone longer but I am sticking with a three shave schedule. Packaging, just the blue paper wrapper so hard to judge. Overall, best blade I have found so far locally. Oh and yeah I know the Vincents were way overpriced but being new to all this what do I know!!!!! I plead ignorance and throw my self at the mercy of the court.

I purchased a razor from someone who sweetened the deal with a few of these blades. Shortly thereafter I purchased 100 more, figuring that if they were made for surgery they had to be well made.

Never fails to leave my face clean as a whistle. Shave five times with them. Probably could shave more with them but I'm enjoying the results too much as is. Have recommended them. Have offered to give a few to members to help them with shaving problems.

I can't imagine a better blade.

After using a couple of these blades this week I ordered 200 from the medical supply company listed above. They are the smoothest blades I have used while being very sharp (like KAI, similar to Feathers, but smooooth).:thumbup:

My only negative on these blades is that it took so long to find them. They're the only real competitor I have found to the Spoilers I grew up using, and are far smoother than the equally-sharp Feathers. I get 3-4 shaves out of one, and when you consider I normally get only 2-3 from a Feather, that's impressive.

Inexpensive enough, sharp and clean. Perfect.

Got these for free in a swap with morijinal a very long time go and after the first blade I left them in the drawer because there were so many more blades to try. N/A for price and packaging since I do not know...

Very smooth on my face, medium++ sharpness and a long lasting edge (4-5 shaves; my standard is 3) make these blades outstanding. A bit hard to get overhere so you won't see me stocking up, but definitely worth a try. A foolproof blade that still cuts very well indeed.

Over past few months I have sampled the top name blades (Feather, Derby, i-Personna, Merkur, Astra, Wilkinson, etc.). and these are my favorite. Sharp and smooth and consistant. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom