What's new

Personna lab blue blades

I got a sample pack from Razor Emporium. They come in a blue wrapper and say "Made in the USA." Same as those from razorbladesclub.com linked above.

Just be aware that buying any razor blades in lesser quantities is going to mean that you are paying much more per-blade. By much more, I mean several times more!

Basically, the hundred packages of DE blades are what store around the world buy to resell.

Because of the Internet, you can basically purchase these same packages and pay wholesale prices for them. Way better way to buy your razor blades.

Because in America, you no longer go to the store and buy a tuck or two of DE razor blades. Personna, in the USA doesn't sell them in tucks. They are sold in a bulk pack of one hundred.

This eliminates the costs that are involved in display cards and packaging them in twenty separate packages. What you are paying for with US Personna's are the blades, not the packaging and the mark-up's that are associated with buying in smaller quantities.

Something you hear very little about. US made Personna blades are made from US steel. US made steels are some if the highest quality steels in the world.

US Personna "Lab Blue" blades are some of the highest quality razor blades on the planet!

The reason you hear about their Med-Preps is because Personna has a history going back many decades in manufacturing for the medical profession.

F.Y.I. The Personna blades that come in the bulk pack of one hundred blades are individually wrapped in plain white paper. There is nothing printed on each wrapper. The blades themselves are laser etched Personna and Made in the USA. These are sold in bulk packages only and are not intended for individual resale.

If you buy these any other way, be aware that it is very likely that you will be paying a lot more for them. There is also the possibility of not getting US made blades.

Last edited:
The bulk packages with individually printed wrappers look like this on the individual blade.

proxy.php

These are in this box.

proxy.php

These bulk packs are also sold on Amazon. They do say Edgewell Personal Care on the side.

proxy.php

But, if you notice the bottom of the box in the 2nd photo, upside down and printed in small letters is states " Blades Made in Germany". They are very careful not to show you a closer upwight view of the bottom of the box.

This box has those individually printed wrappers.

proxy.php

This is the Amazon link to the Persona USA "Lab Blues".

Personna Double Edge Razor Blades in White Wrapper 100 count

proxy.php

You will note that the blades are in plain white wrappers and the bottom of the box is clearly states "USA MADE". They are currently $16.65 for this box of one hundred.

Don't be mislead!

What about these, though?

Personna Lab Blue blades in a 5 blade dispenser - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/632807/

If I understand correctly these are the USA made Personna blades.

Hard to say? The package does indicate "Comfort Coated" and "USA". But, are they the same exact blade?

As in that thread, you often hear comments about the confusion related to Personna blades.

I have a box of 100 US made blades in the white wrappers. So I can personally attest to their quality and being the real deal.

Several months back, I bought a bunch of the ones that were supposedly made in Europe. These were the ones in a white plastic tuck with a blue cardboard insert.

I have a few thousand blades and never had problems with any blade I purchased.

They were selling on Amazon at 3-tucks for $4.99. I ordered several of these packages to get free shipping.

These blades were horrible! Not wanting to get stuck with them, I initiated an immediate return through Amazon.

I had them all packaged up and ready to take to the UPS store the next day.

Right after packing them up, I came across this thread by another member who apparently had the same kind of experience that I had. He was so aghast by this, that he was moved to start this thread!

Personna Platinums gave me a new appreciation for how bad a blade can be

I don't know if his and my experiences were with the same exact blade. I did make a post in his thread. They both took place in the same approximate time frame.

Because of my experience, I am a bit gun shy of conducting experiments with questionable Personna products.

These particular blades might be good, I have no way of knowing?

At $3 for a tuck of 5-blades, that figures to $60 for a hundred. Then there will be shipping and handling charges, if ordered in a small quantity? Doesn't make that much sense to me?

I prefer to stick with the known blades and the 17-cent per-blade price.

I ordered 5 to demo from Razor Blades Club last week. We'll see how it goes.

5 Lab Blues, and 5 Kais to find out if I really hate money. Those and the Gillette Platinums are the runoff for my bulk order.

You mention buying 100. Have you tried them? I personally didn’t care for them. Why not get in touch with @dmshaver and get a couple through the Great Blade Exchange before you buy 100.
Too late, already placed my order. I have read enough reviews to believe they are a top tier blade. Sometimes it's worth taking a chance.

I am curious about this as well. GSB is one of my top blades - both sharp and very smooth. This is why I want to try the Perdonna blade -- everything I read about this blade seems to point in the direction of sharp and smooth.

Let us know how the lab blues work out for you. For me, the first shave is so-so but by the second shave they are really sharp and smoothness just keeps improving. Ymmv and all that.

Just made my first head shave with the lab blue. Well, it seems to behave really in a good manner. However it was also a little irritating and the shave quality was average.
I think I will test them a more aggressive razor or a slant.

You want the ‘US made’ Personnas! There are two options ‘labs’ and ‘med preps.’ To me these shave the same with the only difference an extra cleaning step for the med preps. Some guys think they shave differently.
Agree. Both are excellent and no annoying wax or glue holding them to the wrapper.

You want the ‘US made’ Personnas! There are two options ‘labs’ and ‘med preps.’ To me these shave the same with the only difference an extra cleaning step for the med preps. Some guys think they shave differently.

What is the extra cleaning step?

Well, I am liking the Lab Blues! Just had either my 5th or 6th shave today with one, didn't even bother using a lather and it still came out great with no irritation.

I will push this blade to see how far it can go... it's about out of gas, but anything after 5 shaves is pretty much gravy. Gillette Platinums give me 4 and shave #4 is kind of rough.

I have a really thin beard so I don't need sharpness, just smoothness and longetivity. Lab Blues are delivering a lot of both right now.

Top tier blade for me.

Don't use them much these days but they really are fantastic.

And I'll echo what others have been saying regarding labeling. I've purchased these in 'Med Prep' and 'Lab Blue' configuration and detected no real difference. Both were amazingly smooth and quite sharp.

Top Bottom