What's new

May Photo of the Month

Theme: Portals

For the May 2021 Photo of the Month challenge, post a photo that focuses on an interesting doorway, gate, window or other entrance.

Come Sit With Me, #3.jpg

Rules & Conditions:
  • Entries should have been taken between October 1, 2020 and May 19, 2021.
  • Post processing is allowed.
  • When post processing is used please elaborate a bit on what you did.
  • You must be the photographer.
  • One entry per month.
  • Contest runs until the 19th of the month.
  • Voting goes from 20th to the 26th of the month.
  • Person with the most votes picks the theme for July.
Have fun, and show us your photos.

I will play. Here is a photo I took while visiting the move set of "Big Fish" near Montgomery, Alabama on November 27, 2020. I remember thinking I wanted the sign, trees, and shoes in focus and a kind of a dreamy overexposed look to the church in the background. I think I should have used F5.6 with my 35mm F2, but this was a vacation photo and this is what I had on the camera at the time.

The shot was take with a Canon Rebel T6 in Aperture Priority mode. The Lens was the standard Cannon Kit Lens: EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II. Shot settings were F/8 at 1/125 sec and an ISO set to 100.

I removed a tourist that I could not outwait from the picture in post. I also think I aligned the picture by one degree to the left.

_MG_9813aa.jpg

Nice!! Nothing wrong with a bump to get the rest of us off our **ses and looking for an entry.
Oh, good! I'm a little unclear on the particulars of how to run a photo challenge on this 'site so I'm kind flying by the seat of my pants. Or... At least I would be if I were wearing any...

Wait... What?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like the colors in this one. The reflection in the top window is nice as well.
Good catch! I had to go back in order to notice the reflection...
I will play. Here is a photo I took while visiting the move set of "Big Fish" near Montgomery, Alabama on November 27, 2020. I remember thinking I wanted the sign, trees, and shoes in focus and a kind of a dreamy overexposed look to the church in the background. I think I should have used F5.6 with my 35mm F2, but this was a vacation photo and this is what I had on the camera at the time.

The shot was take with a Canon Rebel T6 in Aperture Priority mode. The Lens was the standard Cannon Kit Lens: EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II. Shot settings were F/8 at 1/125 sec and an ISO set to 100.

I removed a tourist that I could not outwait from the picture in post. I also think I aligned the picture by one degree to the left.

View attachment 1259508
This composition really grew on me. I'd almost like to see it in B&W as well, WELL DONE my friend.

Time is running out, so don't wait. Submit your photo today... Operators are standing by!

The time has arrived... Time to vote for your favorite photo in this month's theme: "Portals".

I want to thank everyone who participated, I really lik seeing the different interpretations of the theme.

The submitter with the most votes for May will select the theme for "Photo of the Month, June 2021".

Looks like we have a winner: Congrats @SilentAssassin! You bask in the glow of flawless victory!

And you'll be picking the subject for the July Photo of the Month.

Top Bottom