What's new

Martin de Candre

I think it saved about $10 a piece at the time. Now if somebody were to do a group buy for one city, and organize a meet at an accommodating watering hole, we could start to get some things accomplished!

Wow 54 bucks. I guess any way you look at it this stuff will run you a good chunk of change.
Thanks for the quick reply AABCDS and brucered

@brucered: MdC is definitely spendy. And it definitely delivers an excellent shave. Good move!

Thanks MaxP

with all the haters over the shipping, $22 shipping isn't bad to canada, considering it's a glass jar, 170g (much bigger then most soaps) and is a top notch performer. and $37 for the product isn't bad either, considering some of the T&H prices and CF prices, and from what i hear, this stuff goes a long, long, long way.

i had some extra "shave bucks" and if i thought about it any longer, i would have backed out.

wife was asleep on the couch, and i made another "what have i done" purchase.

i'll enjoy it, i'm sure of it.

I was wondering if somebody from forum participants travels to Paris. What is the reasonable amount of jars he can bring without custom's trouble ?

Thanks MaxP

with all the haters over the shipping, $22 shipping isn't bad to canada, considering it's a glass jar, 170g (much bigger then most soaps) and is a top notch performer. and $37 for the product isn't bad either, considering some of the T&H prices and CF prices, and from what i hear, this stuff goes a long, long, long way.

i had some extra "shave bucks" and if i thought about it any longer, i would have backed out.

wife was asleep on the couch, and i made another "what have i done" purchase.

i'll enjoy it, i'm sure of it.

If you want it and can afford it, who cares what anybody thinks, enjoy it!

pretty good...within 12hrs of ordering, it's picked, packed, shipped and trackable. :001_tt2:

you wont be disappointed... when you get the package in the mail, the scent will be coming through the box.... and they package it so well, it could have been an egg and it wouldn't have gotten broken.... plus, as a small token, they gave me two body soaps and a small trial size shampoo for free...enjoy my friend, it will last you quite some time, so the cost per shave will be small...

A+ ordering system, packaing and scent, free samples (2 little soap bars), tracking the whole way.

showed up today at the office. well packed, fast delivery, great scent (right thru the box)

no regrets on spending $60 on this. it looks like it will last a lifetime.

i'm very happy and am glad i pulled the trigger.

i'll put it to the test shortly.

I got in on Price's excellent group buy last year. Yes, it is expensive, but it lasts a long, long time. I have barely dented my jar and I use it 3-4 times weekly. This makes it very cost-effective, in terms of how many good shaves you get from one 170g jar.

I also have very hard artesian well water and have never had an issue building up plenty of lather - I will definitely be replacing my jar when I finish it.

I have been using MdC every day for a month with my lather hog Simpsons Chubbies. I haven't even dented the jar. It's like lathering off a slab of marble. And the lather! Wow! I would buy it again at twice the price.

i don't have the shipping box with me right now, but it must have been 16" cubed, filled with syrofoam peanuts...there was not way this was not arriving in 1 piece.

here is shot of the new items from today.
$IMG_4332.jpg

They sure don't skimp on packaging. This is what you get when you order 45 of 'em :w00t::

wow! i'll have to take shot of the box at work with the peanuts in it, as it looks almost the same size.

it was a great transaction from start to finish. i sure hope tomorrows MDC shave is a good one. :001_tt1:

a quick review of todays MDC shave.

Exploding Lather, Loads of lather, Slick.

I used the "marco method" and had absolutely no issues making lather in my scuttle, not dry, not wet, perfect. it seemed if i added more water it was like it knew to add more product for me. there was no mistaking the lather of this stuff, i can't see anyone having an issue with making it.

the scent, was not lavender, but i'm not sure what it is. out of the box, it's intoxicating, but not the most pleasant, i can't put my finger/nose on it. i'm sure it will grow on me and i'll appreciate it more and more.

i finished with RazoRock wax, as the scents seemed similar. kind of peppery, medicinal almost, like i said, i'm not sure what it is, but i kinda like it, and i better for $60.

after 1 shave, i'm happy. was it better then say TOBS or RazoRock for performance, no....but i have no issues with it at this point. it will last a long, long time and i had the opportunity to buy it and if given the chance of knowing the scent and performance after 1 shave, i'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

i compare it to the TOBS and RR as those are the other 2 easiest lathering products i have, along with KMF i guess, but this was on another level. it absolutely exploded right out of the jar and then even more when i whipped it in the DB1.5 and my Semogue LE Bristle 2 (went with luxury products today)

i'm guite happy i got a chance to buy it now, early on in my DE life (1 year shaving) and have taken the mystery out of it for myself.

Top Bottom