What's new

Manny Ramirez Suspended for Steroids

I am a Red Sox fan and continue to be a big baseball fan (I especially loved watching my son play ball from T-ball through college), but I think that MLB has been tainted in all aspects for a very long time... :sad:

+1. MLB's integrity left town with Fay Vincent.

I have a hard time faulting the players in all of this. Barry, Manny, Sammy, McGwire, ARod all gave MLB exactly what the team owners and commissioner wanted from them.

Now they get thrown under the bus so we can be assured our national pastime is "clean".:rolleyes1

+1. MLB's integrity left town with Fay Vincent.

I have a hard time faulting the players in all of this. Barry, Manny, Sammy, McGwire, ARod all gave MLB exactly what the team owners and commissioner wanted from them.

Now they get thrown under the bus so we can be assured our national pastime is "clean".:rolleyes1

Are you suggesting that the players are any less to blame? If intentional ignorance by management is/was an excuse to cheat then explain all those guys that dont.

Im sorry, there were/are guys who are willing to throw away all morals (or perhaps they never had any to begin with) for the purpose of a $25 million paycheck.

I have been asking this question for the last few months...what is more fraudulent, the last 10 years of baseball or the last 10 years of our economy?
Arod is Bernie Madoff...there is no difference.

Mark my words....Albert Pujols goes down too.

Are you suggesting that the players are any less to blame? If intentional ignorance by management is/was an excuse to cheat then explain all those guys that dont.

Im sorry, there were/are guys who are willing to throw away all morals (or perhaps they never had any to begin with) for the purpose of a $25 million paycheck.

I have been asking this question for the last few months...what is more fraudulent, the last 10 years of baseball or the last 10 years of our economy?

Mark my words....Albert Pujols goes down too.

No way Albert Pujols goes down :nono:

I'm suggesting that MLB's owners were complicit with enhanced performance and they are now throwing the very men who put millions of dollars into their pockets to the wolves.

Bud Selig's 2008 tax return showed that he made $18.5 million as the commissioner of MLB during the previous year. This is far more than any of his predecessors have earned and it is the result of unprecedented revenues earned by MLB...fueled by the enormous popularity and marketability of these very same players.

When did Selig become aware of MLB players using PEDs? It was long before public sentiment and congressional investigations pressed him to take a stand against them...those enhanced players were putting obscene amounts of cash into the coffers of ownership and Selig himself (who earns more than 99.67% of MLB players, BTW)

The duplicitous nature of him now leading the charge against PEDs after he profited by allowing their use to explode under his tenure is offensive to me. He is a very wealthy man without honor, and he, more than any individual or group of players, is most to blame for MLB's current mess.

As an aside, saying ARod is Bernie Madoff is patently ridiculous.

ARod was voluntarily paid by the NY Yankees based on his perceived value to them. Madoff stole from people. The comparison is absurd, IMHO.

For me, it boils down to this:

These are grown men exercising their free will to cheat. They did so thinking they would not get caught. They were wrong. If anyone thinks the blame for this crisis rests squarely on anyone other than the shoulders of the players that did it, then I'm not sure what to say to that.

For me, it boils down to this:

These are grown men exercising their free will to cheat. They did so thinking they would not get caught. They were wrong. If anyone thinks the blame for this crisis rests squarely on anyone other than the shoulders of the players that did it, then I'm not sure what to say to that.

What are you trying to say?

:lol::lol:

Amen to that, brother. It is not even the same game anymore. I have just about lost all interest in watching a bunch of overpaid, overindulged, tricked out, drugged up "atheletes" ruin the national pastime.

"We're not athletes, we're baseball players!" (Tom Selleck as "Jack Eliot in "Mr. Baseball)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I just heard the the Red Sox are returning their two championship trophies to the rightful owners, the Yankees.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but will he lose roughly 1/3 of this year's salary? If he doesn't, I'd say that's an even bigger problem.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but will he lose roughly 1/3 of this year's salary? If he doesn't, I'd say that's an even bigger problem.
I have this funny feeling that he can absorb that financial impact rather well.

That's not indicative of anything. I played football with plenty of juicers who didn't look like Schwarzenegger.

Looking like Schwarzenegger isn't the line where people look ripped or are soft though.

Look at all the other guys that juiced, they all went from being pretty thin athletic looking to jacked up WWE types. If he took steroids, they certainly didn't work as well for him as they did for some others.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

BTW... having a body like Schwarzenegger may not be that good of a thing after all:tongue:

Top Bottom