What's new

Manny Ramirez Suspended for Steroids

Well, at least my Dodgers set one record this year(longest opening home streak) before the season goes down in flames. 50 games is a big chunk. If true, what an idiot.

When's MLB gonna get with the program and test every player, every two weeks? I'm so sick of steroids tarnishing the game.

So does this taint the Red Sox World Series wins? He was a WS MVP and the prototypical Yankee Killer. They wouldn't have won without him.

So does this taint the Red Sox World Series wins? He was a WS MVP and the prototypical Yankee Killer. They wouldn't have won without him.

That didn't take long. :rolleyes:

If he was juicing at the time, of course it does. This is exactly why I said baseball needs to test EVERY player all the time.

That didn't take long. :rolleyes:

If he was juicing at the time, of course it does. This is exactly why I said baseball needs to test EVERY player all the time.

I had to go there. The only Yankee who tested positive during the winning teams was Clemens. Manny was a whole lot more important to the Sox than Clemens was to the Yankees. I say tainted. :biggrin:

So does this taint the Red Sox World Series wins?

I am a Red Sox fan and continue to be a big baseball fan (I especially loved watching my son play ball from T-ball through college), but I think that MLB has been tainted in all aspects for a very long time... :sad:

I am a Red Sox fan and continue to be a big baseball fan (I especially loved watching my son play ball from T-ball through college), but I think that MLB has been tainted in all aspects for a very long time... :sad:

Amen to that, brother. It is not even the same game anymore. I have just about lost all interest in watching a bunch of overpaid, overindulged, tricked out, drugged up "atheletes" ruin the national pastime.

:a24:Needless to say, he has an innocent explanation (my doctor gave me something and I didn't know it was banned; I passed 15 drug tests in the past).

Assuming that is not correct--and, given the long lists of false excuses given by everyone else who was caught, it certainly is a possibility--I just have one question: How stupid does a major league player have to be to take steroids in 2009? I've always thought that Manny was too stupid to play baseball, at least when he wasn't batting, but now we really have proof.

Of the big three sports in the US, baseball is the most poorly ran. It has always been plagued with scandals. That's why, even though I try to be a fan, it is soooooo hard sometimes.:confused:

He didnt test positive for Steroids it was for a banned substance...

There are tons of things that can include...however I also think he should know what he is taking....

These million dollar athletes that claim they didnt know ... if I was worth millions I would know every single thing that goes into my body.

I dont think the world series or his numbers are tainted...

he has been a heavily tested player and never failed before.

Amen to that, brother. It is not even the same game anymore. I have just about lost all interest in watching a bunch of overpaid, overindulged, tricked out, drugged up "atheletes" ruin the national pastime.

baseball has been like this since the beggining...if it wasnt from pitchers cheating in the early years...to the black sox throwing a series...to "Greenies in the 70s and 80s" to steroids in the 90's its always been like that...but i dont love the game any less...

but i do agree they are over paid...

baseball needs a salary cap so the yankees and redsox cant go buy up every good pitcher there is and leave my brewers with jeff suppan and brayden looper...

although we do have Brauny and the Prince...

He didnt test positive for Steroids it was for a banned substance...

There are tons of things that can include...however I also think he should know what he is taking....

These million dollar athletes that claim they didnt know ... if I was worth millions I would know every single thing that goes into my body.

I dont think the world series or his numbers are tainted...

he has been a heavily tested player and never failed before.

+1 with one exception... You wouldn't know everything that went in you. I've been subject to these tests, and I never would have been surprised if I failed one even though I didn't use anything (knowingly). The list of banned substances is comically long. When using supplements and medication, there is no way for us to know exactly what is in them. In many cases, supplements are made in a manner in which they are tainted by products made previously. This is especially true with non FDA regulated supplements. He was not suspended for steroids, at least that hasn't been said officially.

Unbelievable. I haven't read any of my sports blogs today so this is the first I read of it. I"m sick and tired of all the steriod BS. I know I can think back to middle school athletics (7th or 8th grade early 90s) and remember rumors about steriods as soon as we were allowed to play sports like football. I've heard of college players that didn't want to go pro because they didn't want to juice. I'd bet players have taken steriod since the 80s.

Oh, and yes if it does prove to be true that he failed the test then the whole Boston dynasty is tainted. His best bud was second best hitter on the team. You think he wasn't juicing??

Last edited:
Top Bottom