What's new

Mama bears xfer to new container ... Mill or melt

I melted some of her Aged Spice into a Old Spice Mug that I use every day. It didn't lose any scent.

It is very likely that there could be a great difference between melting the soap with a microwave and a double burner. I've never nuked any soap but the double burner works great.

I don't bring the water up to a boil, just get it warm enough to melt the soap.

Charlie

For the sample chips I tuck the chip, in its envelope, under my arm for a few minutes (yea, the pits :p ) then I just mash the chip into the bottom of a lather bowl with my thumbs. It mashes pretty easily from 97F.

Phil

For the sample chips I tuck the chip, in its envelope, under my arm for a few minutes (yea, the pits :p ) then I just mash the chip into the bottom of a lather bowl with my thumbs. It mashes pretty easily from 97F.

Phil

I only imagine that would help the smell situation under there

It is very likely that there could be a great difference between melting the soap with a microwave and a double burner. I've never nuked any soap but the double burner works great.

I don't bring the water up to a boil, just get it warm enough to melt the soap.

Charlie

+1...I double melt my soaps directly into whatever dish you will be keeping it in, be it a mug, anchor hocking or pyrex. Stove burner is always on low so the soaps just barely cross that melting point.

Top Bottom