What's new

makers

In 2017 I believe 31 separate companies were listed that marketed electric shavers - many of which may have used duplicate manufacturers. Probably a round figure of manufacturers would be less than 20, considering the investment in development necessary for a viable, ready to market product, and maybe a lot less. Depending on how you define "electric," this is a partial list, and actually those I can think of off the top of my head:

Conair Corporation (USA)
BaByliss (UK)
Koninklijke Philips N.V. (The Netherlands)
Panasonic Corporation (Japan)
The Procter & Gamble Company (USA)
The Gillette Company (USA)
Braun GmbH (Germany)
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (USA)
Remington Products Company L.L.C (USA)
Wahl Clipper Corporation (US)

The other word to be cautious in defining in the global market is "manufacturer." Do you mean "put their label on it," "assembled," "manufactured most of the parts," or "made from the ground up?" It makes a difference.

Last edited:
Everything is OEM.

Except for the French and Chinese companies that supply lithium ion batteries - probably at least 50% by weight of the shaver itself, and without which the shaver wouldn't function. And the Hungarian company that manufacturers Braun's cleaning stations. And the Irish supplier of their cleaning solutions. And the Chinese-made cleaning stations for the Philips. And assorted outsourced parts of assorted razors - does 30% OEM, made in plants owned and managed by the "label" qualify as "OEM"? 50%? 80%? So, you see, as they say, it's complicated. The above is just a general WAG for "electric shaver manufacturers," and as noted, it depends on your definition of "manufacturer." Do any of these parts suppliers/companies make/market shavers themselves? Some. So if the definition is "the company that markets the razor and puts their label on it," that becomes an easier calculus, and the answer is probably somewhere around 30 globally, knowing that the same razor may have two different labels from two different companies. If "the company that makes most of the shaver parts in plants they own, and puts their label on it" then closer to 10 globally probably, but certainly could be argued. And "electric" being "any razor that requires electrical current to function as intended," including replaceable battery-operated.

Last edited:
In 2017 I believe 31 separate companies were listed that marketed electric shavers - many of which may have used duplicate manufacturers. Probably a round figure of manufacturers would be less than 20, considering the investment in development necessary for a viable, ready to market product, and maybe a lot less. Depending on how you define "electric," this is a partial list, and actually those I can think of off the top of my head:

Conair Corporation (USA)
BaByliss (UK)
Koninklijke Philips N.V. (The Netherlands)
Panasonic Corporation (Japan)
The Procter & Gamble Company (USA)
The Gillette Company (USA)
Braun GmbH (Germany)
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (USA)
Remington Products Company L.L.C (USA)
Wahl Clipper Corporation (US)

The other word to be cautious in defining in the global market is "manufacturer." Do you mean "put their label on it," "assembled," "manufactured most of the parts," or "made from the ground up?" It makes a difference.
Conair owns Babyliss, P&G owns Braun and Gillette.

Top Bottom