What's new

Make cartridges last years, not days!

This man has made one cart last 30 months and counting!

You have to admit he does look clean shaven.

[youtube]5ADaRIqy0Dc[/youtube]

He hasn't updated for 2 months. I hope nothing bad has happened.:eek:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Is he the same guy with the 100MPG carburetor? Oh, O forgot... we don't have carburetors anymore...

My last Sensor cart has lasted over 14 months and still looks brand new. It's been used once in that time and sits buried in a drawer somewhere.

Well, we can all quit now. :001_rolle

This thread may move to the CH because we all need a good laugh! :laugh:

To the video, I would say that this guy needs to work harder at his day job, if he has one, and stop trying to use metaphysics to realign the molecular structure of his razor! :lol:

I call garbage. I make knives and strop every single one of them. If you only strop on one side you will wind up with a large bur curving to the other side which will not give you a sharp edge. No way around it, at all.

In addition, the human skin is extremely soft compared to a properly prepared strop with compound.

Nope, not believing it for anyting. Probably a case of someone who has an extremely easy beard to shave and a not so sensitive face.

Charlie

Well golly. I've got some Trac II carts that have lasted 15 years or more now.
The fact that they are sitting in my closet, unused, has nothing to do with it.
What matters is I have made them last for years. :jump:

Well golly. I've got some Trac II carts that have lasted 15 years or more now.
The fact that they are sitting in my closet, unused, has nothing to do with it.
What matters is I have made them last for years. :jump:

Are you serious?! Share your secret! Please!:smartass:

I call garbage. I make knives and strop every single one of them. If you only strop on one side you will wind up with a large bur curving to the other side which will not give you a sharp edge. No way around it, at all.

+1 Anyone who has studied straight razor shaving will understand that stropping just one side of an edge is a useless endeavor.

Nope, not believing it for anything. Probably a case of someone who has an extremely easy beard to shave and a not so sensitive face.

Charlie

I am going with what a commenter said on the video: someone is secretly changing out his carts without him realizing it!! :lol::lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It's the Razor Elves.
Cousins to the Shoe Making Elves, they come at night and change your carts while you're sleeping.
If you resist their help, they take more drastic measures.

View attachment 138419

There have been folks telling other folks since the time of King Gillette that they can extend the life of your blades.

None of these folks are still around. Blade manufacturers are.

They come in, manage to make a little money off of the gullible, and disappear, only to be replaced by the next round of hucksters and feeble minded followers.

Four shaves with a Fusion cartridge and I struggled to make it last a week. Perhaps he secretly uses some hair removal product before shaving and that's how he gets such longevity. :001_unsur

David

That's it I am convinced totally!! I am getting rid of all my DE/SE razors and blades and buying all the Fusion blades I can. Wait for it... Wait for it.. NOT!!:lol::lol::lol:

It's not a about elves or metaphysics. From where I stand I cannot say that guy seems to have any hidden agenda. He's just sharing an idea he tested, which seems to work for him.

I got about 6 months to a year out of my Mach 3 cartridges, but then I shaved 3 times a week. What I liked the most with that particular cartridge was that the hair was so easily rinsed out of the blades, which, in my view was one reason for the longevity. Clean blades stay sharp.

I don't think it seems unlikely that scraping the razor head against your skin will remove grit from the edge, thus making the blade sharper than before.

Good on him! Shame on you lot for being so sarcastic for no reason.

By the way, switching to DE or straight razor, brush and manual lathering is NOT cheaper than Mach 3, by any means. At least if you get hit by the ADs, as I did.

:eek:P

By the way, switching to DE or straight razor, brush and manual lathering is NOT cheaper than Mach 3, by any means. At least if you get hit by the ADs, as I did.

:eek:P

Yeah, we all got ripped on that one! :lol:

What I wanna know is who started that rumour!

I'll bet that cartridge has lasted 22 months. He takes it off and puts a different one on when he shaves. He just keeps that one for the videos. :lol:

Top Bottom