What's new

Maggard Razors

Hello

Ordered from Maggard 2 items. The razor handle is very good, but iKon Shavecraft X3 Slant Head Only is just awful quality! I don't know English language enough so I'll attach photos. I never saw so bad quality razors! Even from Chinese stores. Also strange that there's two signs confirming "double checking" of order accuracy. All problems are directly visible!
Is it ok for Ikon and Maggard Razors? What's your experience?

Regards
Dmitriy Krasitsky IMG_20190604_191310.jpg IMG_1846.jpg 20190604_185610-0.jpg 20190604_185822-0.jpg IMG_1847.jpg

Did you send an email off to Maggard's with the photos?
Just got answer!

"These marks are only aesthetic, and do not affect function. All of them are like this. It's from the manufacturing process.

Apologies for the accident on shipping. We'll refund the difference in shipping.

Brad"

Awesome, sorry about the marks on the x3, it's a shame that they passed through iKon's QA. I like that Brad responded quickly and offered the shipping cost.

Awesome, sorry about the marks on the x3, it's a shame that they passed through iKon's QA. I like that Brad responded quickly and offered the shipping cost.
About shipping cost... They sent me a parcel by untrackable method, - number UM093906041US is an Airmail Economy number! But I've paid for tracking number, like I did in my 3-d order #536589 and got right tracking number LZ605855060US.

That's what I wrote:

Hello Brad

If I could see REAL photos at your shop, I'd never buy it. It's kind of cheating. It can't be gift or even... I don't think I will use it, it's "aesthetic", as you wrote.

Have a good day

That's what I wrote:

Hello Brad

If I could see REAL photos at your shop, I'd never buy it. It's kind of cheating. It can't be gift or even... I don't think I will use it, it's "aesthetic", as you wrote.

Have a good day
Huh? He doesn't make the iKon razor, he sells them. The two people checking for accuracy are checking that the right items got into the box. Again, they don't work for iKon so they're not inspecting every item to make sure it doesn't have blemishes. What you're seeing is part of the reason why iKon is no longer producing razors.

Huh? He doesn't make the iKon razor, he sells them. The two people checking for accuracy are checking that the right items got into the box. Again, they don't work for iKon so they're not inspecting every item to make sure it doesn't have blemishes. What you're seeing is part of the reason why iKon is no longer producing razors.

OK, got it. But nobody on Maggards wrote the same things. I'm new to wetshave and it was my first attempt to go after EJ89

I think Maggard was confused about what you were asking. Anyway, I have an X3 and it's a good razor. Definitely the mildest slant razor I've ever used.

I think Maggard was confused about what you were asking. Anyway, I have an X3 and it's a good razor. Definitely the mildest slant razor I've ever used.
What can I do to fix that imperfections? They are very uncomfortable for fingers.

Those X3 heads should be sold as defects or blemished and marked down. No way those should be sold as full price even if the issues were only cosmetic, although I am not entirely convinced of such.

Those X3 heads should be sold as defects or blemished and marked down. No way those should be sold as full price even if the issues were only cosmetic, although I am not entirely convinced of such.

Agree. Those items should not have been sold, except as ‘blems’ or ‘seconds’. The issues I see in the photos are more than cosmetic ‘marks’. At a small operation like Maggard, order fillers should have some ability to spot bad product, but certainly won’t be doing 100% inspection and would not be likely to see these problems.

I just took a look at my X3 head (bought on BST). It is fine, without the flaws shown in the photos. Not one of my favorite shavers, though. I have seen Maggard listings that clearly list product issues (Maggard slant heads, for example).

Language issues might have limited Maggard’s understanding of the @krasitsky problem report. Still, more effort could have been made to understand and respond to the complaint.

I had an issue with my first Italian Barber order on a very inexpensive item. They did more than enough to make it right. I have since spent a couple hundred dollars with them. In the inexpensive slant area, the RazoRock German 37, sold through Italian Barber, is a fine product, as a razor or as head only. And shaves better than the X3, in my opinion. Yes, it’s a Merkur head knockoff, but Merkur doesn’t sell a three piece slant anymore.

Tanuki, thanks! BTW, I sent them all photos. I think they can see all that problems

Last edited:
I think that you should be friendly but firm and tell them you'd like to return the item for a refund and at their shipping costs (if you don't want to keep it as-is, which would be understandable in my opinion). I don't know how active Ikon is nowadays, but it should be Maggard's job to deal with the manufacturer on products they are selling you. Especially if that wasn't sold as a second/blemished item.
Good luck, I'm sorry to hear about that as I know its a bummer of an experience. And frankly, their response about it being "just cosmetic" is not very professional.

I think that you should be friendly but firm and tell them you'd like to return the item for a refund and at their shipping costs (if you don't want to keep it as-is, which would be understandable in my opinion). I don't know how active Ikon is nowadays, but it should be Maggard's job to deal with the manufacturer on products they are selling you. Especially if that wasn't sold as a second/blemished item.
Good luck, I'm sorry to hear about that as I know its a bummer of an experience. And frankly, their response about it being "just cosmetic" is not very professional.

Thank you for support!

Yeah. That razor is not inexpensive but I can also see that it's made in Thailand. I do not know the brand that well but looking at that issue, I probably will not trust their brand for the future. Maggard Razor's has been known for their customer service so you can probably get a refund or partial refund for it. Hopefully it works out well.

Last edited:
Connaught sells Ikon seconds at very reasonable prices, so somebody somewhere does QC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Timeclo, thank you! Looks like it can happen =)

"
The photos on our website show these minor plating blemishes.

Can you estimate how much the return shipping will be? I can issue a store credit for the value of return shipping, up to $10 USD.

Brad"

Connaught sells Ikon seconds at very reasonable prices, so somebody somewhere does QC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you! Will better buy from Connaught in future! Also they have good selection of shaving soaps =)

Top Bottom