What's new

Made a new brush...opinions wanted

They aren't dark at all. Thats a result of my poor camera and even poorer picture taking ability. They are much brighter, bright brushed aluminum is more like it.

Stitch - Real nice work on all accounts, although I must admit I don't care for the aesthetics of the 'space handle'. The Chubby is more up my ally.

I really like them!, but since you want negative comments ;), I will provide some.

I would think that I would burn my hand if the handle was sitting in the hot water. I know you are only supposed to dunk the brush, but sometimes the handle gets wet.

For the person concerned about it being slippery, you could make a knurled one.

They really do look nice though. Good job!

The only negative I can think of is that Aluminum makes a good heat sink material. It might not keep the lather as warm. Just a thought.

Good point...if you keep your brush in hot water for a long time, it may get a touch warm, but there is a lot of aluminum there. I think blood_type_O is right, the aluminum would probably dissipate the heat before the handle became hot. I never had problems with my other aluminum handle, and I have some pretty hot tap water. If you use a scuttle though, there may be some heat issues. Wish I had one to test.

Good point...if you keep your brush in hot water for a long time, it may get a touch warm, but there is a lot of aluminum there. I think blood_type_O is right, the aluminum would probably dissipate the heat before the handle became hot. I never had problems with my other aluminum handle, and I have some pretty hot tap water. If you use a scuttle though, there may be some heat issues. Wish I had one to test.

When you're ready to take orders, I have a two Dirty Bird scuttles - a 1.5X bowl-type, and a brush scuttle (happy fathers day to me!). I'll let you know :thumbup1:

:001_smileStich made me this 2 handles and sent them to London.
This is how they look like after blooming.:lol:

Thank you Stich for your craftsmanship.

Bambos

Okay, the "space capsule" looks very much like my Century 1000 handle. I like them both. Price?

Just my $.02.

Mike

Top Bottom